Cyber Security Consultant - Operational Technology
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s leading design, engineering and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical projects. Protecting the security of our home and of our citizens abroad is one of government’s highest priorities Our role as a trusted advisor allows us to offer rewarding careers to people who want to enhance their skills and build on their experience in this dynamic sector.
The successful candidate will be a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and conscientious individual who has relevant experience implementing Cyber Security in an Operational Technology (OT) environment such as energy, utilities or transportation. Your engagements will be consulting-led, focused on understanding our customers’ business, building trust, winning work and providing Cyber Security expertise across the spectrum of people, process and technology, covering strategic and advisory through to secure solution design. To be successful in this role you need to have the ability to work on multiple projects and with many stakeholders concurrently. Your key responsibilities will encompass the following:
- Provide Cyber Security advice and guidance for clients in ‘business as usual’, technical refresh and new project environments
- Be able to apply technical knowledge, with creative and innovative thinking in a broad range of complex and non-routine contexts
- Identify and establish good security governance to meet client business requirements
- Perform Cyber Security risk assessments and determine the most cost-effective deployment of security controls and solutions in line with the business risk appetite to protect OT systems and maximise uptime and resilience
- Create client policies and procedures to meet corporate and regulatory requirements and standards, taking into account normal working practices in OT environments
- Build successful working relationships with team members, key customers and stakeholders that improves the value of the security services being performed
- Experience of delivering technical Cyber Security consultancy in an OT environment in a relevant domain such as energy, utilities or transportation
- Understanding of the unique risks that affect OT compared to traditional IT systems
- Experience of conducting engagements on live industrial plants including risk assessments/management and the deployment of appropriate controls
- An excellent communicator, verbal (active listener) and written (able to write concisely)
- Ability to articulate and pitch Cyber Security advice both at a technical and non-technical level, directly to key customer stakeholders
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently, successfully balancing business and client priorities
- Ability to provide high-quality work under pressure that delivers security outcomes to tight deadlines and manage client stakeholder expectations
- Ability to work both effectively individually and within a team in a multi-discipline environment and in a matrix organisation
- Deep understanding of the way that OT systems are procured, designed, deployed and operated, including best practice around the way that cyber security is factored into these processes
- Familiarity with one or more OT cyber security standards or regulatory frameworks such as IEC 62443, NIST CSF, the Network and Information Systems (NIS) Regulations or HSE OG-0086.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted
- Flexibility over travel throughout the UK.
- Associate/Full Membership of recognised professional body such as the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP), the BCS or the IET
- GICSP or other cyber security qualification with strong relevance to OT cyber
- A keen interest in the latest technology with a focus on security technologies
- Ambition to work in a challenging and rewarding role that provides real benefit to clients
- An interest in maintaining and enhancing technical and consultancy skills
- Experience within programme and project environments
- Deep experience in at least one area such as technical controls, policy development, training, incident response etc.
Atkins is committed to developing it’s people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package. Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
ATKINS, part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.