This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Toronto and reports to the Manager – Automation. The Data Analyst relies on their technical skill, their passion for making things better, and their creativity to utilize their analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets in order to make value out of the data.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Engage in discussions with non-Data Science colleagues (process scientists/engineers/technologists) to understand the manufacturing process/challenge and propose/execute analytical strategies
- Analyze experimental and production data (Data Historians, Process Analytical Technologies) for root-cause identification/investigation support
- Excellent communication skills and capable to communicate in small groups as well as deliver technical presentations to diverse audiences
- Strong practical understanding of machine learning algorithms (PCA, PLS, random forest primarily)
- Perform common statistical tests (hypothesis testing, comparability analysis, t-test)
- Able to perform ETL tasks using variety of data (time-series, continuous, spectroscopy) and programming languages (Python, R, SQL, MATLAB)
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physical Sciences, Math, or Chemistry
- Expertise in computerized system validation methodologies with 2-3 years of hands on experience
- Expertise and comfort with process modelling (Python, Matlab, R, machine learning)
- Knowledge of business requirements regarding Statistical Process Control (SPC) and their prerequisites
- Experience with data validation in a data warehouse context
- Knowledge of shop floor management information systems (Ex, MES, LIMS, DCS, eDMS) is an asset
- Process control/optimization knowledge is desirable, but not mandatory
- Knowledge of technology project management is an asset
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to meet with external clients on a frequent basis
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com