Data Analytics Manager
Data Analytics Manager
About SNC Lavalin
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas. We have a vision to shape the future of civil infrastructure and engineering and to become a digital leader in the engineering space.
About Data Intelligence and Technology Solutions
DITS is a central capability which supports global SNCL businesses by developing and delivering technology to enhance service and value to our clients. Our role is to provide domain and technology experts, along with technology platforms (our own, and through partners) to support growth of the global SNCL business.
DITS underpins SNCL’s global digital transformation programme, through which SNCL will be a data driven organisation and transform the Engineering and Construction sector.
About this role
Reporting to the Data Platform Director, the Head of Common Data Environment will be based in the UK and manage a team of data engineers, data scientists and data product managers. There is an opportunity to grow this team significantly and to provide strong leadership, building upon the foundations that have already been established through incremental projects, and moving to broader enterprise-wide scale.
The Head of Common Data Environment will be a key strategic leader within SNCL and be part of the digital transformation, demonstrating how data and analytics can be used to drive great customer outcomes and business value. They will promote the development of innovative, new data platforms and products in collaboration with business and technology stakeholders across the business. Strategic influencing skills are paramount to this role to gain strategic approval from the executive leadership team.
The Head of Common Data Environment will own the strategic vision and architectural roadmap for SNCL data and analytics platform, ensuring alignment with the Group’s strategic priorities. They will be responsible for the design and delivery of the data and analytics platform and services that will drive transformation in the customer experience and how SNCL employees view their data.
The role will also need to influence people across the Group, managing a variety of stakeholders within the broader business sector and technology function. This includes understanding business problems and translating complex data sets into insight-driven strategies, providing recommendations that are easy to understand across the board and working with stakeholders to educate and promote the benefits and value of the new platform whilst changing the way data is viewed across the organisation. Strong storytelling, business engagement, communication skills and relationship building skills are therefore vital.
This is a rare, career-defining, and highly rewarding opportunity for the right person to make their mark on a business that is truly transforming.
- DATA EXPERTISE – Will bring a deep expertise in data, analytic, cloud technology and service-oriented architecture and a deep experience of platforms that support customer needs and improve customer experience. Will have ideally architected multiple technology platforms over their career including a data platform.
- DATA ENGINEERING LEADERSHIP – Will bring deep technical data expertise, and leadership experience in this area. Will have experience with a diverse range of cloud technologies (AWS, Azure), big data technologies, and open source cloud-based tools, working at scale. Will be a champion of agile methodologies.
- DATA ARCHITECTURE & ADVANCED ANALYTICS - Will have knowledge of modern data approaches (data science, AI, ML), best practices and technologies, as well as how they can be used to drive commercial value. Will understand how to analyse and act upon complex, sophisticated data sets across multiple platforms and touch points and will be experienced in the rules, policies, standards and models for data governance and integration.
- PEOPLE LEADERSHIP - Will be a strong leader, coach, and mentor, with a track record of building and leading world-class technology teams across a diverse set of skillsets. Will ensure that their team is performing to its utmost ability. Will create and foster an environment that values and promotes autonomy, skill mastery, empowerment, transparency, innovation, and learning.
- COMMUNICATION & INFLUENCING SKILLS – Will be an exceptional communicator and influencer, able to articulate a clear and compelling vision and take people – his or her team and the broader business –on a journey. Will be effective at cross-functional stakeholder management at all levels of the business. Will be an excellent listener and excel at synthesising information and communicating actions clearly. Will know how to rise above the numbers and technology to explain the essential idea to business users who do not have a technical background.
- Experience of working in the Engineering and Construction sector.
- A team player who can lead, follow and collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders in a global organization
- A relationship builder who can build strong and influential relationships with business and technology leaders
- Experience in the development of client value propositions, production of bid material and strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with sometimes conflicting requirements and priorities
- Demonstrated success in executing broad programs of work and delivering results
- A range of experiences that demonstrate an ability to work in a fast-paced start-up type environment, as well as a large and highly matrixed global organization.
- Considerable experience in advising, developing and managing analytics services offering
Global travel of 25% expected (COVID permitting)
SNCL develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
SNCL offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.salary - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.locationfreetext - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.description - en-GB **
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called IT Services (ITS). Our ITS business is made up of digital, user service, technology and project ma
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.reference - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.expirydate - en-GB **
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs