Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Denver, CO Software Development Group as a Data Engineer.
Working with Sales and Senior Management, applies expertise in Software Development Life Cycle to identify new opportunities, engage current and potential customers and provide technical oversight of projects from scoping through maintenance. Working with Project Manager, provides overall technical management for software projects. Engages in leadership role in the Software Development Group by implementing innovative solutions and practices. May act as a client contact, technical lead, and/or project manager.
- Work requires the use of advanced software development techniques and state-of-the art technology.
- Works requires the skills to work with technical software development staff located in multiple offices within the company.
- Primary responsibility will be to develop data technologies for clients to help them make critical decisions.
- This requires applicant to be willing to work on site with clients up to 100% of the time, and to have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Manages the implementation of Software Solutions through the Software Development Life Cycle and ensures standards are met in accordance to adopted best practices.
- Ensures project deadlines are met by managing technical schedules based on scope, feature requirements, and technical complexity.
- Develops and evaluates quality assurance plans and criteria for assigned projects.
- Reviews overall software design with Technical Lead and Software Architect.
- Analyzes technical problems and devises new approaches and alternative solutions.
- May act as a technical lead with development responsibilities.
- Maintains continued knowledge of technology developments in the field and use of applicable programming languages.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or B.A in Computer Science or other IT major.
- This level may be achieved by practitioners with 7 years of experience since related Bachelor's degree or 4 years since Master's degree.
- Typical incumbent has 8-10 years' experience.
- Must demonstrate experience in overseeing the design and development of data architecture and integrations of multiple systems.
- Must have extensive experience with current object-oriented programming techniques and web development tools such as .NET Core and Microsoft Azure.
- Primary development will be on SQL Server and may leverage AWS and Google data tools.
- Must demonstrate experience with database design and/or administration of enterprise relational database management systems.
- Familiarity in the domain of Geospatial Information Systems is a plus.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, technical writing, and communications skills.
- Certificates demonstrating professional competencies in Microsoft Azure, SQL Server, PowerBI, and with machine learning are preferred.
- Preferred candidate will demonstrate proficiency in database integration using Microsoft Data Tools including SSIS, SSAS, Power Apps, and PowerBI.
- This is the preferred data platform for Atkins clients and for its data development team.
- Must be willing to travel to other states for work and work on site with clients to meet their data needs.
- This requires candidate to be an excellent oral communicator and to have solid proficiency in technical writing.
- Technical writing is necessary to document client needs and demonstrate written project progress.
- Must be willing and able to work multiple projects that may require a modified approach to agile development in which data engineer will develop in multiple sprints and releases at varying paces at the same time.
- Strong preference given to data engineers with experience developing with machine learning tools in Azure given the evolving client needs for advanced predictive analytics.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles