This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando, FL Software Development Group as a Data Engineer.
Responsible for Client BI Data Engineering. Firm leverages Microsoft cloud tools (Azure) to perform integrations and analytics. Engineer must be well versed in SQL Server Data Tools (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS) and able to demonstrate competencies in building data-lake architecture with formal integrations and disaggregated data sets (well-structured CSVs and other flat file types). This role will require a Data Engineer to merge data from a variety of enterprise software solutions including but not limited to Oracle, Microsoft, AWS, Google, ESRI, and SAP. This position will be responsible for creating and delivering data solutions on premises with some clients, and on Atkins cloud architecture.
Position may be required to build dashboards on top of data architecture using Microsoft PowerBI.
- Performs work which involves the application of industry best practices around normalized data architecture and the creation of solutions that drive clients towards the use of normalized data models.
- This position will be responsible for building and maintaining the BI infrastructure of multiple clients with urgent delivery deadlines and must be able to balance the workloads of these clients effectively.
- There may be an expectation of on site work (up to 80% of the time) to work with client Data Engineers or IT staff to gather and understand build-out requirements.
- This role will be supported by analysts who can lead conversations to help gather requirements for needed data solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in an engineering discipline, Computer Science, Economics, Business, Law, or Information Technology PLUS seven years related/relevant industry experience (OR MS/MBA PLUS six years related/relevant experience), OR an equivalent combination of education and related/relevant experience.
- Typical incumbent has eight to ten years of experience.
- Should have strong background in customer service and project management, with a solid background in analysis with respect to business and process improvement related projects.
- Possesses knowledge of re-engineering principles and quality certification requirements such as ISO, CMM, TQM, ASQ, APQC, Six Sigma
- Exceptional listening and communication skills, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Knowledge of tools required to create and present high-quality written, verbal and graphic deliverables.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be a strong team player and have strong customer interface and coordination skills.
- Good technical writing skills, including expertise in synthesizing information.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
- Familiarity with the use of Microsoft Outlook or equivalent e-mail program is desired as well as the use of Internet and other information processing and storage techniques to support research of alternatives and the definition of designs and concept.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate preferred.
- Microsoft (MCSA): BI reporting preferred.
- Candidates must be willing to work on site with various clients if need arises, as much of the work is driven by client projects.
- Candidates may spend a significant amount of time in the field working out of one or more client facilities.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles