Deputy Project Execution Director
Deputy Project Execution Director
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
SNC-Lavalin Nuclear is one of Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering and construction groups. It has been providing a complete range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since 1967. Its expertise is applicable to both CANDU and Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) technology.
Summary of Position:
This leadership position within SNC Lavalin Nuclear Canada is responsible for delivering the Fuel Channel and Feeder replacement project at the Bruce Power nuclear station. In this capacity, the Project Execution Director is responsible for all engineering, construction, procurement, commercial and contractual delivery. The individual will work in collaboration with JV partner organizations as well as other functions within the SNC Lavalin organization. This position also requires personnel mentoring, leadership, guidance, goal setting and performance reviews/management.
The Project Execution Director reports to the SNC-Aecon-United Program Director and to the Joint Venture Steering Committee and shall be accountable for the below responsibilities.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Leadership of all aspects of project including engineering, quality, schedule, budget, commercial changes and team members.
- Development of, adherence to and delivery of project schedule and budget
- Building high performance and highly effective team in a highly technical, regulated environment with high regard for safety and quality.
- Management and mentorship of key project personnel to drive high performance behaviours and outcomes.
- Overall accountability for execution plans, reviews and risk assessments.
- Overall accountability for Supply chain management for nuclear grade components.
- Overall accountability for goods and materials procurement, subcontract management and materials management on site.
- Approval of major project concepts, work breakdown structures, schedules, mobilization plans; assist with contract negotiations and approvals.
- Lead and/or assist in strategic commercial negotiations with the customer and develop customer relationships to remove roadblocks for the project team members.
- Overall accountability for all financial forecasts and Project Status Reports.
What will you contribute?
Behavioural Attributes -
- Has the critical capability to develop, connect and create relationships with clients that are productive and Partnered in nature.
- Has significant experience collaborating clients and creating relationships between Owners and Contractors that are productive and partnered.
- Is the key relationship with the client and works to build a range of effective relationships that allows for the most appropriate execution of the projects.
- Manages the Strategic Vision of Shoreline to develop a real and powerful competitive advantage in the nuclear industry but specifically for key work in Canada.
- Works to contribute to the strategic capabilities and advantages of the Shoreline member companies.
- Understands the balance between schedule, cost, and safety and works to create effective outcomes for the client.
- Works to assure that alignment between the member companies exist and is a powerful foundation for the effective functioning of the Shoreline Steering Committee.
- Has a full and exhaustive understanding of the contract. Understands the issues created by the contract and is the key person responsible for guiding the Shoreline organization through various negotiations.
- Is responsible for creating the right flows of information and communication with key stakeholders and the owner.
- Is a critical contributor and is integrated into the strategy and planning processes for the JV member companies.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering 20 years of relevant experience.
- Significant experience delivering major EPC projects valued over $500M.
- Experience in process improvement and people management.
- 10 years + experience in Nuclear project execution with a diverse experience in execution models (reimbursable, target, fixed price).
- Significant negotiating and commercial management experience with large, sophisticated customers.
- Significant experience in defining and executing major projects project controls, financial reporting and risk management programs.
- Stakeholder management and customer relationship aptitudes.
- Interface with senior levels of the organization (up to CEO levels).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate in simple messages.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
Travel / Mobility Requirements
- Position will be headquartered out of the Shoreline Project office in Kincardine Ontario and the Bruce Power nuclear site in Tiverton Ontario with some travel to other contributing project locations/offices.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
- The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs