Deputy Project Manager - Tolls
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We have been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
We were ranked as the world's 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join Atkins in Orlando, Florida as a Deputy Project Manager - Tolls supporting the Florida's Turnpike Enterprise (FTE) General Engineering Consultant (GEC) Program, working as an "extension of staff" in the client's office in Ocoee, FL (metro Orlando area). This position will provide career growth opportunities through management of FTE toll road, and express / managed lanes toll road infrastructure projects.
The ideal candidate will have a background with traditional project management of design or construction for DOT highway projects. A broad base of skills, capability and experience is desired in engineering, administration and communicating. Willingness to be a team player is a must.
Relocation assistance is available.
- The Tolls Deputy PM reports to Atkins' Tolls Program Manager.
- Serves as a GEC Deputy Project Manager for the client's Tolls Group helping to ensure scope, schedule and budget requirements are achieved.
- Involvement in traditional electronic tolling, all-electronic tolling conversions, toll equipment lifecycle replacement, and express lanes projects statewide.
- The Tolls Deputy PM supports Tolls PMs and the Tolls Construction Manager on various projects that have tolling elements.
- Involvement may be at any point in the project life-cycle: Planning, design, construction / implementation, operations.
- Assists in coordinating with other groups both internal and external to FTE including but not limited to FTE Finance, Traffic Operations, Design, Production, PIO, Construction, Tolls Back Office, and other FDOT Districts.
- Assists the Tolls PM and Tolls Construction Manager on the various tasks required to manage the tolling aspects of projects. Will also be assigned tasks to manage within the projects under the oversight of the Tolls PM or Tolls Construction Manager.
- Serves as an extension of client staff, working on a daily basis with the agency's offices
- Attends production design meetings to provide guidance and input from a tolls perspective, and to stay informed concerning the schedule and issues that may impact tolling elements of a project.
- Attends contractor construction meetings as necessary to provide guidance and input from a tolls perspective, and to stay informed concerning the schedule and issues that may impact tolling elements of a project.
- Supports preparation of monthly reports of the toll site design and subsequent construction status.
- Supports the assigning toll plaza names and plaza ID numbers.
- Assists in reviewing toll siting technical memos (TSTM), toll facility design submittals, and shop drawings.
- Coordinates with others on the development of express lane diagrams which establish corridor level concept of operations.
- Assists in the development of corridor-level phasing of express lane opening and operations.
- Coordinates with the Tolls PMs and Construction PM throughout the course of the project.
- Prepares white papers, meeting minutes, estimates, and other documents as needed to support FTE Management and Tolls group.
- Supports the preparation of express lane implementation strategies, implementation plans, and "go-live" playbook. Conducts daily update meetings prior to tolling point "go-live" to review the status of implementation tasks.
- Participates in the on-site "go-live" activities for opening the express lanes.
- Attends weekly implementation meetings as a toll site is commissioned and "goes-live."
- Helps to manage contracts including development of scopes of work; production of the bid documents; assist Contractual Services in the bidding and award; and all activities associated with the administration of the contract.
- Performs scheduling of design and construction activities utilizing MS Project.
- Reacts to Client requests quickly and effectively.
- Performs other duties as required.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering or a toll-related subject such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Transportation Planning, Accounting, Economics, Business, Law, or Information Technology. Toll-related Master's degree/MBA can substitute for one year of experience.
- This level may be achieved by candidates with four (4) years' experience since Bachelor's or three (3) years since Master's. Relevant work experience would provide exposure to information and communication technologies, toll operations, and/or intelligent transportation systems (ITS), including fiber-optic communication design, video systems, computer hardware & software, toll collection systems and sub-systems, toll infrastructure, electronic payment, or traffic management.
- Without a degree, a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience is required
- Experience with toll facility/limited access projects is a plus.
- FDOT or Turnpike experience preferred but not mandatory.
- General Engineering Consultant (GEC) experience is a plus.
- Strong written, oral and listening communication skills in English; good public speaking ability.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft personal computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Engineer Intern (EI) preferred.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: http://careers.atkinsglobal.com/File.ashx?path=Root/Documents/north-america-welcome-new-employee/Equal_Opp_Stmt.pdf
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data here: http://www.snclavalin.com/en/files/documents/policies/privacy-statement_recruitment_en.PDF
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.