Design Engineer - Civil 3D
- Should be able to produce / review highway deliverable such as Roadway layout, Plan & profiles, Signs & Road Markings (to UK TSM & TSRGD), Kerb & footways, Pavement drawings, Setting out details, Typical Cross Sections, Standard details etc.
- Produce intelligent 3D models and extract information directly from the model to form 2D drawings, schedules, setting out, quantities and other deliverables.
- Manage the Highways discipline 3D models, review model quality and technical content including clash detection and compliance with the BEP.
- Work with the Information Manager and project teams to assist in the development and implementation of BIM strategies, BIM Execution Plans, workflows and processes on projects in accordance with Atkins Corporate Standards, Client requirements and industry best practice.
- Manage the Highways Team Common Data Environment (CDE) of the project, and the distribution of coordinated digital documents to the project teams.
- Provide over the shoulder support for staff developing models and 2D drawing extractions.
- Maintain a high level of competency of all BIM software tools used at Atkins
- Must be from a Civil / Highway Engineering background with preferable Highways domain experience.
- Experience of Highways alignment and corridor modelling
- Must be an advanced user or expert user in Autodesk Civil3D, with a minimum of 2 to 3 years’ core Civil3D experience which includes handling Bentley MX data in Civil3D.
- Hands-on experience of industry standard Highways BIM Platforms such as Autodesk Infraworks and Bentley Openroads are desirable.
- Must be able to use Navisworks to generate clash results, manage clash resolution, redline BIM Models, capture viewpoints and cascade reports to discipline teams.
- Hands on experience of CAD tools such as AutoCAD and MicroStation would also be useful.
- Ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment but also to work independently and in a client environment Knowledge of programming, AutoLISP or similar
- Working knowledge of British Standards