Design Engineer - Environmental Consultant / Ecologist
Design Engineer - Environmental Consultant / Ecologist
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
Atkins, part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. As a provider of multi-discipline technical services, Atkins is committed to design excellence and delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
To meet our growing project workload and help us design and apply new approaches to our work, we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Ecologist to join our team at the Global Technology Centre in Bangalore, India.
Based in Bangalore, you will be part of our Environment team and be able to contribute to significant and high-profile international projects, with many of our projects winning awards for biodiversity enhancements, innovation, and knowledge sharing. The position will be desk based and no site visits or surveys are anticipated as part of the role. This is an excellent career development opportunity for a candidate looking to progress their career to the next level.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Ecological and / or environmental desk-based assessment input to a varied range of projects across different sectors, primarily supporting the UK region.
- Planning and co-ordinating field surveys, analysing and interpreting survey results.
- Bat sound analysis.
- Working with design teams and planning and co-ordinating ecological mitigation works.
- Undertaking reporting of Preliminary Ecological Assessments and Ecological Impact Assessments.
- Supporting with other environmental assessments / deliverables based on workload and business needs.
- Preparing protected species licence applications.
- Assisting with project management and project budgets; and Collaborating with our multi-disciplinary teams across the UK.
What will you contribute?
- Have a collaborative approach and deep interest in the planet and sustainability.
- Have a degree in ecology, environmental management, or closely related field.
- Have at least 5-7 years relevant work experience.
- Have achieved, or be working towards, chartered status and / or full or associate membership of a recognised relevant professional body such as the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM).
- Possess strong ecological / environmental management related expertise and a willingness to become involved in a broad selection of projects.
- Experience / keen interest in bat sound analysis.
- Be able to effectively communicate environmental management issues, approaches and solutions pragmatically with project managers, engineers, designers and clients.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and experience of working collaboratively with a range of technical specialists at different levels and different teams in other regions.
- Be highly self-motivated, possessing strong enthusiasm and commitment to delivering sustainable outcomes.
- Be able to prioritise and work effectively under pressure.
- Have good working knowledge of UK Wildlife Legislation, planning policies, licensing requirements and best practice survey techniques.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills and be capable at undertaking reporting for Preliminary. Ecological Appraisal, Ecological Impact Assessment.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
For more recruitment updates, kindly follow #AtkinsIndiaRecruitment on LinkedIn.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs