Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins Business is one of the largest providers of energy consultancy and engineering support services in the UK. Our Nuclear division is a leading consultancy providing multi-disciplinary engineering support services to all project stages, from concept through to completion, to owners, operators, regulators and suppliers to nuclear licensed sites. We’re involved across the whole life cycle of the civil nuclear industry, building the next generation of civil nuclear power stations and the first large scale prototype fusion reactor, meeting the challenge of keeping the current nuclear fleet operational and tackling complex decommissioning projects.
As one of the world’s leading engineering consultancies, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career.
To meet the increasing demand of our expertise in the nuclear industry we have now opportunities for Senior Piping Engineers with experience of above 7 years in piping systems and pressure vessel design to join the nuclear team at our Atkins Bangalore office.
We are particularly interested in individuals with reasonable consultancy/contracting experience in mechanical design of pressure vessels and piping, and installation and commissioning of process plant equipment. Previous Power or Nuclear experience is desirable, but not essential, particularly with suitable demonstration of experience in a highly regulated industry (e.g. Oil and Gas).
The work is varied and may include some or all of the responsibilities mentioned below:
- Mechanical design and structural analysis of pressure vessels and piping systems.
- Preparation of conceptual and detail design packages, including optioneering, design development, concept evaluation.
- Design by rule scoping calculations including calculation of pressure thickness, nozzle reinforcement, etc.
- Equipment sizing, selection (including material selection) and procurement.
- Piping, pipe support and piping layout design.
- Production of manufacturing packages, coordination with manufacturer/contractor, review of vendor drawings/documents.
- Preparing conceptual and detailed equipment & piping layouts, piping isometrics.
- Production of deliverables such as design definition and substantiation documents, detailed equipment specifications, pipe material specifications, system performance test specifications.
- Design of pipe supports & spring supports, performing flexibility analysis.
- Operational design support, failure investigations and condition assessment.
- Liaising with all stakeholders and responsible for all technical issues related to their area of specialisation; Co-ordination with other discipline specialists where areas interface or overlap exist.
- Witness pre-commissioning/commissioning activities by the contractor/vendor and produce/review all relevant documentation.
Candidate should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience.
- Suitable degree in Mechanical/Chemical or relevant engineering.
- Above 5 years of experience in Nuclear, Power, Oil & Gas or other highly regulated industrial environment preferred.
- Design experience in piping, pipe support and pipe layout.
- Experience in mechanical design and assessment.
- Proficiency in static, dynamic and thermal stress analysis.
- Exposure to piping fabrication, installation, testing.
- Demonstrable knowledge of design projects, or relevant experience/knowledge of process plant operations is desirable.
- Experienced with analysis software such as Abaqus, CAESARII, Autopipe, Pipestress, Abaqus, STAAD or RSTAB. Proficiency in software tools like CAEPIPE, AutoCAD; knowledge of PDS, PDMS and other equipment design platforms highly desirable.
- A good understanding and experience working on specification of equipment such as pumps, valves, steam traps etc.
- Knowledge of material selection.
- Understanding of other relevant engineering disciplines.
- Familiar with international design codes and standards (such as: ASME BPVC Section III, RCC-M, ASME B31.1,BS EN 13480 and BS EN13445) and recommended practices pertaining to mechanical design, fabrication, installation, inspection, testing, quality assurance and quality control etc.
- Ability to work independently or as part of team, flexible attitude to the type of work and the level of responsibility accepted.
- Proven computer aptitude, and expertise in MS office.
- Experience or exposure to project management principles desirable.
- Ability to understand and define client’s requirements, plan & schedule deliverables, timelines.
- Proven strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to write accurate, detailed and concise technical reports (e.g. design substantiations, basis of analysis, safety case support references).
- Flexible in travelling to Atkins’ and client’s office locations around the world, if required.
- Flexible to relocate to Bangalore and undergo training for a period of 3-6 months within UK.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Pipeline & subsea engineering
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins Business is o
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs