Design Engineer - Lighting
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
Transportation division of Atkins in India supports Atkins’ various overseas operations, including those located in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Hong Kong. The team comprises Transport Planners, Bridge Engineers, Highways Engineers, CAD Technicians, Drainage Engineers and Virtual Reality specialists
You will be a part of Lighting Team in Transportation Business responsible for the design and delivery to various Highways/Urban infrastructure projects including
- Lighting and Electrical design calculations
- Lighting layout, cable/duct layout drawings
- Design Checks and Reporting
- Preparing technical input to specifications
- Risk Assessments
- Liaison with other Discipline teams within the office and UK/Middle East region
- Managing own and team workload
- Implementation of Atkins Quality assurance procedures
- Appropriate academic qualifications (Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent)
- Appropriate professional qualifications (Institute of Lighting Professionals or similar)
- Minimum 8 years experience involved in Lighting and/or Electrical designs for Highways/ Infrastructure projects or related field (experience of working on UK or Middle East projects)
- Good understanding of British, American and International design standards
- Proficient in discipline design software particularly AutoCAD, Lighting Reality, Dialux and electrical cable sizing software
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office software particularly MS Excel and Word
- Proven ability to deliver work within set time frames
- Experience/evidence and ability to lead and manage small to medium size projects.
- Institution of Lighting Professionals Diploma in lighting
- Appropriate BS 7671 (Wiring Regulations 17th Edition) awareness qualification
- Experience of the preparation of technical reports
- Competent in using the Electrical design software such as “Amtech”
- Experience with Lighting visualisation design software such AGi32, Dialux, etc.
- Work experience in a similar off-shoring environment.
Knowledge in French would be an advantage.
Our Latest Articles