Design Engineer, Roads & Highways
• Join our industry leading Infrastructure team
• Seize the opportunity to work on major projects that improve the quality of life
• Build stronger communities and grow your career in an environment that encourages innovation and delivers excellence
• Work in challenging and rewarding roles in Canada’s greatest cities: Montreal, Vancouver or Toronto
At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.
SNC-Lavalin is searching for a Design Engineer to join our growing team of professionals in our Roads & Highways group within the Infrastructure Engineering business unit at our Toronto Office.
This exciting opportunity will provide you with the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging highway engineering projects for the Ministry of Transportation Ontario, 407 ETR and municipalities, as well as P3 projects in the transit expansion sector.
Location: 195 The West Mall, Toronto, Ontario
- Participating in conceptual, preliminary, and detailed design activities, including engineering analysis and design to support activities for road and highway projects, including grading, drainage, traffic staging, pavement marking and signage, and underground utilities;
- Preparing engineering drawings for road construction projects using AutoCAD and Microstation;
- Coordinating project drawings with project managers, project engineers, and other technical staff;
- Completing quantity calculations;
- Preparing engineering documents such as design criteria, technical memoranda, and technical design reports;
- Being accountable for engineering designs completed under your direct involvement and supervision, through stamping of drawings;
- Assisting in proposal preparation for such public-sector transportation engineering projects in the GTHA and elsewhere.
- Degree in engineering , along with 5-10 years of related experience.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD 2008 and Microstation XM or newer.
- Proficiency in the use of civil engineering design tools such as InRoads, Civil 3D, BIM.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of MTO’s IESCAD drafting standards is an asset.
Knowledge of CPS and HiCo software is an asset.
- Experience with, and familiarity with the standards and guidelines of TAC, MTO, OPSS, and municipalities in the GTHA.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Please be advised that this posting is in reference to a future need and does not reflect any position(s) currently open within SNC-Lavalin or its affiliates. Should you wish to have your details entered into the corporate database to be considered for future projects, please do so below.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.