Design Lead, Roads & Bridges
Design Lead, Roads & Bridges
Why join us?
This position is located in either Saskatoon or Regina, the Design Lead will report to the Manager, Roads and Bridges. This position is responsible for the management and delivery of all design services for infrastructure projects in Saskatchewan. The Roads & Bridges team is a part of the Engineering, Design, and Project Management (EDPM) division of SNC-Lavalin Inc. within Canada. By joining SNC-Lavalin Inc., you're seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction, with ample opportunity to work on project locally and abroad.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Comply with corporate policies and safety protocols and identification of general safety, and HSE requirements
- Aids in the development of Transportation work in the Prairies Region including municipal, highway and traffic planning
- Provide design services and technical support in Transportation, Municipal, Highway, and Traffic Planning
- Aids in the production of engineering documents such as technical or design reports, cost estimates and construction specifications
- Prepare proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts and obtaining approvals
- May perform as either the design field engineer or as the clients field engineer representative and be responsible for Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) supervision on Civil projects
- Undertake contract administration, construction management and design optimization
- Foster critical relationships with technical and non-technical staff, and technology suppliers
- Interface with project teams to develop and implement multi-disciplinary project and proposal strategies
- Liaise with clients, regulatory agencies, and contractors
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering (Transportation) from an accredited university
- Minimum of 7 years of applicable experience in the consulting sector, specifically Transportation
- Registration or eligible to be registered with APEGS
- Excellent communication (written and oral), prioritization and organization skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to balance a diverse and changing workload
- Working knowledge of Civil 3D and/or Microstation
- Experience with Saskatchewan and TAC design standards and Saskatchewan specifications, Federal, Municipal and Provincial clients, Underground municipal infrastructure design such as storm and sanitary systems, Traffic management and intersection design, Functional planning, traffic engineering, and/or geometric design, Experience in roadway surfacing design, Project Management and Roadway construction experience would be considered an asset.
- MS Office Skills
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
Our commitment to excellence extends to our workplace where we offer a flexible work environment, competitive compensation and benefits including a generous retirement savings program, an Employee Share Ownership Plan, in-house training programs, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development, and the opportunity to work with and learn from senior technical experts and professionals.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs