Design Quality Assurance Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
As part of the Trillium project based in Ottawa, we are looking for a Design Quality Assurance Manager who will report directly to the Design Manager and will interface with the LRT Systems Integration Manager and the Project QA Manager on a regular basis.
- Maintaining the Design Management Plan.
- Providing quality assurance but does not have any QC production or design QC responsibility.
- Development and implementation of quality orientation and training programs for the DMP.
- Take necessary actions to ensure the effective operation and continuous improvement of the Design Management Plan.
- Preparing IMS Audit Plans for Design which will be integrated with the overall IMS Audit Program and coordinating Internal IMS Audits and External IMS Audits of key processes identified in the DMP.
- Ensuring that all IMS Audits for design required of the Project Agreement are conducted, and the findings of such audits are reported to the Design Manager.
- Verifying that opportunities for improvement have been effectively implemented.
- Coordinating all matters and issues relating to compliance with the DMP and ISO 9001:2015 Standard.
- Ensuring that relevant records are maintained and retained in accordance with the DMP and the IMS.
- Developing and implementing a program for Correction and, when applicable, Corrective Action in respect of non-conformities.
- Review of Subcontractor Design Management Plans for consistency with ISO 9001:2015 and the DMP.
- Development and input to regular management review meetings with top management, including taking necessary actions to ensure effective operation and continuous improvement of the IMS.
- Reporting on the findings of design quality audits to the Design Manager.
- Promoting awareness of client requirements with respect to design quality throughout the Project Team.
- Participate in regular design coordination meetings.
- Demonstrable experience in QA positions on Design and Build projects, and QA experience with BIM-based projects.
- They should be certified Internal Auditor as per ISO 9001: 2015
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both verbal and written.
- A hard working and flexible individual, who is a team player, possesses great attention to detail, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative whilst able to keep cool under pressure and when working to often demanding deadlines.
- Familiar with BIM and has an understanding of 3D modelling tools for design and coordination purposes.
We offer an opportunity to work on varied and interesting projects in Canada and around the world. Salary will be commensurate with your experience. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles