Design Systems Administrator
Design Systems Administrator
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. SNC-Lavalin’s IT Services function seeks an experienced, energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Digital Engineering Systems Team as a Design Systems Administrator.
- This role is responsible for the support, on-going success and continuous improvement of Engineering Design Systems or services in the Digital Engineering space. Working within a small global team that provides third line support of Engineering Solutions ensuring their availability, deploying new solutions, providing expert (third line) user and Business support.
- The team supports a diverse range of solutions that includes, but is not limited to, BIM Toolsets (CAD/Modelling) Geospatial systems, CDE (Bentley Projectwise), PLM (Autodesk Vault, Teamcenter)
- Work within globally distributed team providing third line support to various Engineering applications, requiring liaison with varied Internal Engineering Disciplines, Internal allied IT Services, End Users, Systems vendors
- Use a deep product knowledge at third and fourth line, with a “fix it once” mind set, passing documented solutions and scripts to first- and second-line support functions
- Provide Technical consultancy where required in the development and implementation of additional or new systems.
- Installation, configuration and Deployment of Engineering focused applications on Microsoft Windows based Server environments.
- Well-rounded individual who will contribute to a highly effective team delivering application/service support to our customers.
- Knowledge and exposure to various Engineering Tools and application Support e.g.: CAD/Modelling Tools, BIM Tools, Bentley and Autodesk suite Products, Autodesk Vault, Bentley ProjectWise etc. (Any demonstrable experience in these or other tools welcomed)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server systems for Admin and Support. Deployment, installation and configuration of Engineering focused applications will be required on these platforms. (Windows Server 2016 upwards)
- Experience of Third Line Application Support in a Service Desk orientated environment. (End User through to Vendor Engagement where required)
- Experience of working with software suppliers and vendors.
- Experience in working as part of a Project Team to provide Technical Expertise in various scenarios, Platform Upgrades, New Applications etc.
- Any experience of Azure/AWS and any exposure to transitioning systems to those platforms welcomed.
- Any experience of PowerShell Scripting regarding support functions, provisioning and deployment on Windows Servers welcomed.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/your-benefits
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
ATKINS recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Atkins have recently defined a “One Atkins 2020” Organisational strategy. To support this strategy, IS have defined an operating model for 2020 to revolutionise the way IS is provided to t
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called IT Services (ITS). Our ITS business is made up of digital, user service, technology and project ma
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs