Designer - Highways
Designer - Highways
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Should be able to produce / review highway deliverable such as Roadway layout, Plan & profiles, Signs & Road Markings (to UK TSM & TSRGD), Kerb & footways, Pavement drawings, Setting out details, Typical Cross Sections, Standard details etc.
- Produce intelligent 3D models and extract information directly from the model to form 2D drawings, schedules, setting out, quantities and other deliverables.
- Manage the Highways discipline 3D models, review model quality and technical content including clash detection and compliance with the BEP.
- Work with the Information Manager and project teams to assist in the development and implementation of BIM strategies, BIM Execution Plans, workflows and processes on projects in accordance with Atkins Corporate Standards, Client requirements and industry best practice.
- Manage the Highways Team Common Data Environment (CDE) of the project, and the distribution of coordinated digital documents to the project teams.
- Provide over the shoulder support for staff developing models and 2D drawing extractions.
- Maintain a high level of competency of all BIM software tools used at Atkins.
- Must be from a Civil / Highway Engineering background with preferable Highways domain experience.
- Experience of Highways alignment and corridor modelling
- Must be an advanced user or expert user in Autodesk Civil3D, with a minimum of 3 to 4 years’ core Civil3D experience which includes handling Bentley MX data in Civil3D.
- Hands-on experience of industry standard Highways BIM Platforms such as Autodesk Infraworks and Bentley Open roads are desirable.
- Must be able to use Navisworks to generate clash results, manage clash resolution, redline BIM Models, capture viewpoints and cascade reports to discipline teams.
- Hands on experience of CAD tools such as AutoCAD and MicroStation would also be useful.
What will you contribute?
- Excellent time management skills.
- 10 to 15 years of relevant experience.
- Experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma holder in Civil Engineering with sufficient and relevant experience.
- Flexible and engaging with resilience, drive and self-motivation.
- Ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment but also to work independently and in a client environment Knowledge of programming, AutoLISP or similar.
- Working knowledge of British Standards.
What we offer at Atkins? (This section for Permanent employees only)
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs