Desk Side & Technology Support Analyst
Desk Side & Technology Support Analyst
Atkins have recently defined a “One Atkins 2020” Organisational strategy. To support this strategy, IS have defined an operating model for 2020 to revolutionise the way IS is provided to the organisation, moving from a BAU focus to a Business Value driven organisation. Key concepts include: Moving to digital products, adopting agile across the organisation, leveraging cloud, and focus on supporting bid and delivery.
The Desk Side and Technology Support Analyst is responsible for the resolution of all 2nd Line incident and service requests. They will have a good understanding of technology and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- General troubleshooting of the Atkins desktop computing environment based on incidents service requests logged via the Global Service Desk.
- Management of all 2nd line incidents and requests assigned to their queue in Service Now
- Manage all assigned incidents/requests according to defined SLAs (within specific regions) - ensure 100% adherence to RFS & INC Best Practice guidelines
- Deploy desktop computers and peripherals, record and track assets during deployment according to Group Is standards and workflow procedures
- Maintain regional service excellence by providing customers with continual and regular updates throughout the management of their incidents and requests
- Troubleshooting a range of application and telephony issues: investigating, diagnosing faults, and working through to resolution
- Support the set-up of new offices, sites or projects across the local region
- Support the Senior Desk Side and Technology Support Engineer Ensure in the maintenance of all local equipment rooms and conference room IS facilities, mitigate risks arising from audits, fire, safety or other risk assessments
- Develop, review and improve processes to maximize efficiencies within the team
- Exhibit a flexible approach to working on a rota basis and provide necessary cover when necessary
- Ability to deliver training to audiences across the local region
- Support and adhere to processes outlined in the Business Management System
- Provide weekly/daily reports/time reporting and updates on current issues
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the company
- At least 2 years’ experience of IT Service Management principles and processes
- High level of proficiency and knowledge of working in a Corporate IT environment
- Experience of working to (and exceeding) Service Level Agreements
- Broad technical understanding of IS services being supported
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Strong business focus and customer service skills
- Working knowledge of database/excel structures/tables/configurations
- Proven experience of data analysis and good numeracy, analytical and reporting skills
- A valid driving license is essential as travel will be required to other Atkins offices
- Travel expected to other offices
- Qualifications: Certification from Microsoft
- ITIL V3 Foundation Qualification
- Working knowledge of Service Now
- Security Clearance: Secret
- Customer Service Experience
Competencies specific for this role
- IT Service Management expertise
- Communication skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Performance Improvement
- Confidence and professionalism
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits
Atkins offer a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins, part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs