Desk Side & Technology Support Analyst
Desk Side & Technology Support Analyst
SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. is a Canadian company based in Montreal that provides engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) services to various industries, including mining and metallurgy, environment and water, infrastructure, and clean power. The firm has over 50,000 employees worldwide, with offices in over 50 countries and operations in over 160 countries.
The delivery of SNC Lavalin Group IT is via a function called Group IS which is organised as a global operation with significant presence in India. Group IS having developed an operating model for 2021 to revolutionise the way IT services are provided to the company, moving from a ‘Business as Usual’ focus to an organisation driven by Business Value. Key concepts include transitioning to digital products, adopting agile delivery approaches across the organisation, leveraging cloud services, and applying focus to supporting company project bids and delivery.
Purpose of the Team/Role:
The Desk Side and Technology Support Analyst is responsible for the resolution of all 2nd Line incident and service requests within their region. They will have a good understanding of technology and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- General troubleshooting of the SNCL desktop computing environment based on incidents service requests logged via the Global Service Desk.
- Management of all 2nd line incidents and requests assigned to their queue in Service Now/ Remedy.
- Manage all assigned incidents/requests according to defined SLAs (within specific regions) - ensure 100% adherence to RFS & INC Best Practice guidelines.
- Deploy desktop computers and peripherals, record and track assets during deployment according to Group Is standards and workflow procedures.
- Maintain regional service excellence by providing customers with continual and regular updates throughout the management of their incidents and requests.
- Troubleshooting a range of application and telephony issues: investigating, diagnosing faults, and working through to resolution.
- Support the set-up of new offices, sites or projects across the local region.
- Support the Senior Desk Side and Technology Support Analyst ensuring the maintenance of all local equipment rooms and conference room IS facilities, mitigate risks arising from audits, fire, safety or other risk assessments.
- Develop, review and improve processes to maximize efficiencies within the team.
- Exhibit a flexible approach to working on a rota basis and provide necessary cover when necessary.
- Ability to deliver training to audiences across the local region.
- Support and adhere to processes outlined in the Business Management System.
- Provide weekly/daily reports/time reporting and updates on current issues.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the company.
- Experience of IT Service Management principles and processes.
- High level of proficiency and knowledge of working in a Corporate IT environment.
- Experience of working to (and exceeding) Service Level Agreements.
- Broad technical understanding of IS services being supported.
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Strong business focus and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of database/excel structures/tables/configurations.
- Proven experience of data analysis and good numeracy, analytical and reporting skills.
- A valid driving license is essential as travel will be required to other SNCL offices.
- Travel expected to other offices.
- Certification from Microsoft.
- ITIL V3/4 Foundation Qualification.
- Working knowledge of Service Now.
- Customer Service Experience.
- IT Service Management expertise.
- Communication skills.
- Stakeholder Management.
- Performance Improvement.
- Confidence and professionalism.
- We’re bold
We use our curiosity, innovation and creativity to solve problems in cool ways.
- We’re proactive
We seek out opportunities, and really listen to our customers’ problems.
We work together in a dynamic and agile way to make change happen quickly.
- We’re experimenters
We’re not afraid to try different ways of doing things.
We’re champions for new ideas and tools.
- We're trusted
Building close, trusted partnerships really matters to us.
We share our knowledge and work in a collaborative way, joining together for the best results.
SNC-Lavalin develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
SNC-Lavalin offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/your-benefits
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
SNC-Lavalin, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
SNC-Lavalin, recognize that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Atkins have recently defined a “One Atkins 2020” Organisational strategy. To support this strategy, IS have defined an operating model for 2020 to revolutionise the way IS is provided to t
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. SNC-Lavalin’s IT Services function seeks an experienced, energetic and highly motivated self
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called IT Services (ITS). Our ITS business is made up of digital, user service, technology and project ma
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs