Desk Side & Technology Support Analyst
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called Group IS. Our Group Information Services (Group IS) business is made up of digital, user service, technology and project management experts, working across multiple regions. Our teams are supporting close to 20000 people across the Atkins group including those based in offices and working on remote sites with our clients where we partner the business on some of the worlds iconic design and build and infrastructure projects.
Group IS has developed an operating model to evolve the way IT services are provided to the company, moving from a ‘Business as Usual’ focus to an organisation driven by a joint technology roadmap with the business and enabling business value. Here, the key focus areas include: getting the basics right, being a true partner to the business, information assurance & security, career management for our staff, and supporting the organization on its digital journey.
Our user services teams are committed to delivering a 24/7, 365 days a year service ensuring we keep our people and projects delivering for clients. This includes service desk, hardware and software asset management and software packaging teams providing the latest technology solutions available to future proof the organisation’s technical ability.
Our technology delivery teams setup and run the IT infrastructure backbone of the organization including network, firewall, storage and unified communications. They enable the global nature of our business, providing seamless connectivity, communication and collaboration capabilities to our employees. This means we can all work collaboratively from anywhere in the world and on any device, using Office 365 and Skype for Business, improving the pace and quality of delivery for our partners and clients
Our applications delivery teams help build, implement, support and sustain the various corporate systems used by the company’s functions and also the numerous digital offerings aimed at improving the efficiency of our internal teams and the value proposition to our clients. Here, we have teams dedicated to innovating, researching and experimenting with new leading edge technology and exploring emerging digital solutions using a combination of Full Stack development, Data Analytics, Digital Engineering, Intelligent Mobility and Digital Asset Management.
Our focus on delivering a range of IT services and digital solutions means at all times the needs of our clients are at the forefront of delivery, ensuring business change is managed in an effective way. We pride ourselves on being agile, quick to respond, and are able to deliver IT solutions within a short period of time, allowing for rapid project mobilisation for our business.
Purpose of the Team/Role
The Desk Side and Technology Support Analyst is responsible for the resolution of all 2nd Line incident and service requests. They will have a good understanding of technology and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- General troubleshooting of the Atkins desktop computing environment based on incidents service requests logged via the Global Service Desk.
- Management of all 2nd line incidents and requests assigned to their queue in Service Now
- Manage all assigned incidents/requests according to defined SLAs (within specific regions) - ensure 100% adherence to RFS & INC Best Practice guidelines
- Deploy desktop computers and peripherals, record and track assets during deployment according to Group Is standards and workflow procedures
- Maintain regional service excellence by providing customers with continual and regular updates throughout the management of their incidents and requests
- Troubleshooting a range of application and telephony issues: investigating, diagnosing faults, and working through to resolution
- Support the set-up of new offices, sites or projects across the local region
- Support the Senior Desk Side and Technology Support Engineer Ensure in the maintenance of all local equipment rooms and conference room IS facilities, mitigate risks arising from audits, fire, safety or other risk assessments
- Develop, review and improve processes to maximize efficiencies within the team
- Exhibit a flexible approach to working on a rota basis and provide necessary cover when necessary
- Ability to deliver training to audiences across the local region
- Support and adhere to processes outlined in the Business Management System
- Provide weekly/daily reports/time reporting and updates on current issues
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the company
- Considerable experience of IT Service Management principles and processes
- High level of proficiency and knowledge of working in a Corporate IT environment
- Experience of working to (and exceeding) Service Level Agreements
- Broad technical understanding of IS services being supported
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Strong business focus and customer service skills
- Working knowledge of database/excel structures/tables/configurations
- Proven experience of data analysis and good numeracy, analytical and reporting skills
- A valid driving license is essential as travel will be required to other Atkins offices
- Travel expected to other offices
- Qualifications: Certification from Microsoft
- ITIL V3 Foundation Qualification
- Working knowledge of Service Now
- Security Clearance: Secret
- Customer Service Experience
Competencies specific for this role
- IT Service Management expertise
- Communication skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Performance Improvement
- Confidence and professionalism
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.