Digital Construction Manager - Bristol, Epsom, London and potentially other Atkins UK locations
Atkins Infrastructure division, through their Project Delivery Practice, are looking to strengthen their Digital Construction and 3D Reinforcement team through the appointment a of high performing and delivery-focused Engineer or Engineering Technician. The role will ideally be based in the South East (London and Epsom) or South West (Bristol), but applications from candidates looking to be based from other Atkins UK offices may still be considered.
Atkins has developed an award-winning, world-leading engineer-led capability in 3D reinforcement modelling and detailing, and continue to invest in digital construction capabilities. We collaborate closely with Contractors and Clients to deliver solutions to complex problems on major infrastructure projects. The role would join a team of technically and delivery focused engineers working closely with Clients, Contractors and internal design teams, including our Global Design Centre in India.
There is a demand for practically minded Engineers and Engineering Technicians, with a Civil / Structural background who are looking for a challenge and opportunities to further their careers.
Successful applicants will join a forward thinking team, working in a digitally collaborative environment, and will be given opportunities to make real contributions to major engineering projects.
- Delivering multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within cost budget and to programme
- Ensuring the provision of efficient and high quality engineering services, to a high level of quality assurance
- Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project
- Build internal and external relationships
- Produce and check 3D reinforcement deliverables in compliance with Project Process, and be an influential part of the digital construction team
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in Environment, Safety, Health, Security and Quality
- High performing individual, organised with delivery focus
- Reinforced concrete design and detailing experience
- Extensive experience of using Tekla Structures for 3D reinforcement detailing
- Professionally qualified or seeking professional qualification with a relevant professional body (for example, EngTech, IEng or CEng through the ICE or IStructE)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to manage and co-ordinate client, contractor and internal design team (UK & GDC) stakeholders (at all levels)
- Commercial and contractual ability e.g. can identify and negotiate change in scope etc.
- Good construction knowledge
- Digitally competence and keen to further digital delivery skillset
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at any one time
- A flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given
- Flexibility to travel on an ad hoc basis to other UK locations or India office.
Specific roles and responsibilities will depend on the experience of successful applicants, but we are confident that the opportunities available will suit a range of career development needs and aspirations.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.