Digital Engineering Lead
Digital Engineering Lead
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious prizes in the world. Within Canada, our Rail & Transit team has been selected to design and deliver most of the recent Greenfield and Brownfield LRT, ALRT and Light Metro jobs awarded in the last 10 years.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Services, the successful candidate will be responsible to contribute to the development of digital engineering solutions in support of our existing major transit projects and to assist in establishing our BIM standards in support of our broader EDPM business
How will you contribute to the team?
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and deliver sustainable and innovative improvements to the people, process and technical elements of our client’s businesses,
- Identifying and developing digital asset management opportunities and managing the implementation of this within our digital engineering solution
- Develop and support the delivery of training programmes to upskill our staff and clients on the implementation and management of assets and documentation with a BIM environment
- Developing client specific risk-based planning rules and methodologies and the processes for how BIM systems can support this
- Delivery of RAMS assignments for our major projects and external clients,
- Coordination and direction of work undertaken by multidisciplinary project teams.
- Act as internal consultant to other parts of the SNCL group
Typical work and responsibilities will involve:
- Managing or supporting allocated tasks, including understanding customer requirements, developing technical proposals, estimating, planning, tendering, and execution
- Perform technical checking on team output, ensuring consistency in accordance to SNC-Lavalin's and Client's requirements
- Providing support to colleagues in working with their external clients to understand their needs and form compelling proposals for both digital and advisory services,
- Work closely with team leaders and other section heads across SNC-Lavalin to promote a holistic and strategic approach for Digital Engineering with our clients including people, process, technology and technical service offerings,
- Recruit and develop associate consultants and permanent staff to align with market demand
- Development and management of relationships at all levels within a client’s company to support the successful delivery of services and the securing of future work
- Ensuring that all work is undertaken in accordance with SNC-Lavalin’s procedures, including quality procedures and safety management system
What will you contribute?
- Established and recognized expertise in the application and use of asset management principles and practices including PAS55, ISO55000, BIM, CMMS, etc
- Industry relationships with successful record in applying asset management principles to improve business performance and addressing client challenges
- 7+ years of related experience
- Ability to assess assignment risks and how they can be managed (including technical, contractual and financial)
- Excellent communication skills, and in particular the ability to write with clear and concise text. (French/English)
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
P.Eng is nice to have but not a requirement
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs