Digital Learning Consultant
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin is going through an exciting period of change. A Canadian listed engineering and construction firm, on July 2017 they acquired the UK engineering consultancy Atkins bringing with it a great opportunity to re-position the SNC-Lavalin brand in the eyes of our markets and ahead of our competitors. The combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-L’s offerings combined give us the opportunity to continue our growth. The future of engineering and construction is in the greater use of data, combined with technologies to deliver our services more efficiently and bring different offerings to our clients. From apps, virtual reality and artificial intelligence, to mobility as a service and digital asset management, we are combining our traditional engineering skills with technology to fundamentally change the way we do things.
Job Purpose: Our Global Learning and Talent Development Centre of Expertise team has an opportunity for a Digital Learning Consultant to join the UK&E Regional team. The Digital Learning Consultant’s primary role is to drive the digital maturity of our workforce (design transformation and digital engineering) across the Region. Working closely with the Head of L&TD UK&E and the Corporate Digital lead as well as stakeholders from across the business. The role requires a sharp understanding of the digital L&D requirements of an engineering business, whereby the role creates and deploys cutting edge learning solutions. In addition, the role is responsible for managing the regional effectiveness of the global learning platform ‘Learning Zone’.
The role can be based anywhere in the UK Region and involves occasional travel.
- Being part of a supportive team that demonstrates Regional client focus in a demanding as well as dynamic and flexible working environment
- Engage with multiple stakeholders to understand the engineering design landscape, how it is changing and the priorities for L&D support
- Provide expert consultancy to identify L&D requirements and propose practicable, cost-effective solutions that equip employees across the business to respond to and use technology and/or develop behaviours to improve how we do business, using a wide variety of learning methods
- Support digital leaders within the businesses to procure and create learning content in areas such as BIM, Automation, Geospatial data, data for project management
- Design, test and deliver L&D products for the UK&E Region in person and/or in collaboration with internal and external subject matter experts
- Support digital leaders, practice managers and project managers to deploy the training content and support staff with their learning journey
- Work with our Global Design Centre to provide L&D solutions
- Provide support and advice and answer questions and queries from the Regional client base about Learning Zone.
- Collaborate with the Global Learning Technologies team to address requests and requirements for new learning solutions, platforms, tools.
- UK&E Learning and Talent Development team
- Corporate Learning and Talent Development leads (Technology and Digital)
- Key stakeholders across the business
- Subject matter experts across the business
- Regional federated administrators
- Solid understanding and experience across learning and talent management disciplines.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and deliver projects on time and on budget
- As a change lead you can adapt quickly to new ways of working and have experience driving and supporting change initiatives
- As a leader you inspire other team members through effective coaching, delegation and feedback, and act as an informal coach and mentor to more junior staff across the team
- As committed collaborator work with and influence multiple stakeholders across the business
- As innovator your curiosity motivates you to keep abreast of trends in Learning and Development building a deep understanding of how digitalization impacts the learning world
- You are an analytical thinker who is comfortable dealing with data, and uses data to make informed decisions about the effectiveness of solutions that are deployed
- You possess excellent organisational skills and demonstrate good experience in delivering small projects
- As a trusted advisor you can provide business-relevant advice and counsel
- An understanding of Information Management in the context of engineering design.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.