Digital Transformation Specialist
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. They build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas. Atkins have a vision to shape the future of transportation, to lead where others follow and to deliver the future of mobility today.
Atkins’ Transportation is our centre of excellence for the design of highway and rail infrastructure projects. We aim to be the first-choice designer for Highways England, Network Rail, contractors, developers and local authorities. We are working on several high-profile projects and frameworks nationwide, including the Routes to Market framework, CP6 Alliance, Great Western Electrification Programme, HS2 and more. To continue to deliver excellence, Atkins has initiated the global programme, Design Transformation. This initiative intends to fundamentally change how we execute our design processes, based on foundation of digital innovation, BIM, and lean.
Setup to serve Atkins’ Design Transformation programme, the Design Accelerators are a group of experts who grow the business’ knowledge, capability and delivery of digital solutions effectively. This group works with Learning and Development, the Global Design Centre (our offices in India), Group Information Services and Project Delivery.
We are looking for rounded individuals to support the delivery of the Design Accelerator agenda within Transportation UK and act as a conduit between the groups above. There may also be an opportunity of working with/supporting other business areas. As a key member of the team, you will be expected to work autonomously and be flexible to different types of work such as project delivery, bid writing, research, training and mentoring. We will help you achieve your goals by offering continuous professional development and regular career progression sessions.
This is a permanent position and it is expected that the position would be based in the UK in either London, Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham, Warrington or Glasgow. This role will require travelling nationally but may also require short periods of travel overseas.
- Experience in one of design, construction, or project management within the AEC sector (Highways and or Rail experience desirable).
- A great communicator that can inspire project teams to adopt new ways of working
- An Intrapreneurial spirit that challenges the norm and finds new ways working and creates new opportunities
- A digital native that has experience in information management
- Change management experience
- Behavioural change experience
- A track record of delivering BIM (BS1192 and/or ISO 19650) within organisations
- Project Management experience
- Lean thinking and delivery
- The ability to code in several languages
- Stakeholder management experience
- Experience of working with public and private clients
- Marketing/Communication/Sales experience
- Membership of relevant professional institution.
- Working with bid teams to identify opportunities for improvements in delivery, based on ingredients such as automation, lean, BIM etc.
- Supporting project mobilisation to ensure the teams have the right skills, the technology is set up for the projects requirements and efficient processes are identified and utilised.
- Mentoring project teams to deliver to ISO 19650 and to follow through the commitments they made in bid/mobilisation.
- Developing new more efficient delivery workflows
- Working with programmers to create tools to automate design
- Leading design accelerator workshops during bid and mobilisation phases to identify opportunities for project delivery improvement.
- Carrying out the role of facilitator in project delivery improvement workshops (Design Accelerator Workshop).
- Work with client directors to demonstrate how our digitally enabled ways of working improves outcomes for their clients.
- Host Techlabs (show-and-tell) workshops
- Presenting in videos as a form of knowledge share for the business.
- Engage staff on change programmes and promote behavioural change
- Excellent communicator
- Autonomous and takes initiative
- Shares information and has a growth and team-player mindset
- Driven for the success of the group and business
- Open to trialling, using and promoting the use of new techniques and technologies
- Able to manage own workload.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles