Director, Business Development
Director, Business Development
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for development of MOU’s and teaming agreements with key strategic partners.
- Lead a multidiscipline team of SME’s in the production of technical solutions and submittals required for bid submission.
- Establish and maintain positive business relationships with clients, partners and outside firms through the development of the proposal.
- Responsible for leading business development activities within Alliances and other collaborative procurement models.
- Act as the main point of contact for assigned proposals, leading Proposal development activities from RFQ/RFP receipt, bidding and post bidding activities including handover.
- Develops, maintains and builds a strong professional network and customer relationships.
- Coordinates company resources in the pursuit and capture of new work.
- Develop a proposal budget and manage the proposal execution within budget.
- Ensure that the exposure to risk is fully compatible with the Company’s requirements and prepare supporting material with the project management team to ensure a thorough representation can be made to the Corporate Risk Committees.
- Develop technical work plans to input into pricing efforts.
- Develop preliminary costing data for bids and proposals.
- Assists in transition from project pursuit to project implementation.
- Ensuring that design proposals are thoroughly and promptly reviewed.
- Lead and manage the development of assigned proposals, developing proposal plans, outlines of proposal responses, bid schedules, document control and quality management processes.
- Prepare, attend, and actively participate in client presentations, commercially confidential meetings, design presentation meetings, and any necessary project related and client interface meetings.
- Support the development of standard material for use in future proposals, with the intent of improving efficiency and effectiveness of our proposals over the long term.
- Recommend relevant improvements or additions to ensure continual improvement.
- Ensure that the companies Code of Ethics, Sustainability Objectives and Business Conduct are adhered to at the highest level at all times.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in systems, mechanical or electrical engineering is required
- A Professional Engineering designation is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years' combined technical and business development in design and project management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with advanced presentation skills.
- Detailed understanding of contract development work with the ability to understand, analyze and apply complex data.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a proven ability as a business developer winning work.
- Project experience within an EPC/EPCM or a company which supplies infrastructure systems such as rail systems.
- Strong Analytical skills and motivated by learning opportunities.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, adapt to changing priorities, maintain patience in high pressure situations and take initiative where appropriate.
- Experience working in a team environment on large projects.
- Experience working in Alliances, Delivery Partner and Integrated Project Delivery models considered an asset.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs