Director, Business Development
Director, Business Development
Director, Business Development
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
SNC-Lavalin is seeking a highly motivated and entrepreneurial Director of Business Development to join our Mining & Metallurgy (M&M) team in North America. Reporting to the Vice President of Studies and Technology, in this role, you will lead sales activities in your geographic area of responsibility with the ultimate goal of becoming our customers’ preferred engineering services partner.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Maintains and expands participation in studies and project executions across the global mining industry.
- Develops, maintains and builds a strong professional network and customer relationships.
- Leads new and ongoing prospects from pre-proposal to award and supports transition to execution.
- Responsible for new prospect identification, qualification/prioritization, risk review, and overall pursuit strategy.
- Works closely to understand customer needs and coordinates participation of proposal, engineering, and project delivery staff throughout prospect pursuit.
- Provides input, guidance, and review on proposals prior to submission.
- Actively engages engineering and project delivery teams to stay abreast of key technical developments and new capabilities, which can be offered to customers.
- Gathers, reports, and leverages market, customer, and competitor intelligence.
- Provides input on marketing, branding, and customer satisfaction surveys.
- Recommends participation in industry associations, conferences, and seminars.
- Collaborates extensively with the M&M Senior Leadership Team to develop and manage the overall sales strategy and budget for the business.
- Serves as Account Manager for key mining customers while working closely with established Site Account Managers and business development staff in related sectors.
- Ensure that the companies Code of Ethics and Business Conduct as well as commitments to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) and climate change are adhered to at the highest level at all times.
What will you contribute?
- 10+ years mining industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant field (Professional Engineer or Geoscientist designation an asset)
- Customer-focused with an understanding of engineering consulting business as well as business development, procurement, and contractual processes
- Driven and results-oriented leader with excellent interpersonal, influencing, and trust-building skills
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who takes ownership over area of responsibility and proactively follows-up with customers, prospects, and proposals
- Ability to understand, anticipate, and articulate complex challenges of a wide variety of customer stakeholders and distill into logical and creative solutions
- Excellent organization, communication, presentation, and reporting skills (MS Dynamics knowledge an asset)
- Willingness to travel on a monthly basis
- Fluent in English and French and located in Eastern Canada (Toronto or Montreal preferred)
- Fluent in English (Spanish an asset) and located in Western USA (CO, UT, NV, or AZ preferred)
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs