Director, Contractor Management
The Director, Contractor Management is a fixed term role at CAL Site until July 2020 and would be responsible for providing leadership, oversight, and strategic direction for the Contractor Management program as one of CNL's top 10 enterprise level risks. As such the program has high visibility at Executive and Board level. The role falls under the functional management of the GM, Supply Chain, with program leadership by an Executive Sponsor. This includes leading a small team of professionals representing a core team seconded from various parts of the business in the delivery of subject matter expertise with the overall goal to refine, manage and implement an integrated Contractor Management process, associated arrangements, tools and systems.
From a "governance" perspective, the Director will:
- Manage the development, and execution of the Contractor Management Program, while mitigating key risks and issues;
- Develop and update program management documents such as status updates, project plans, project definition documents, etc. ;
- Provide formal periodic performance updates to key stakeholders, which includes: Contractor Management Steering Committee; AECL, GM of Supply Chain, and Executive Sponsor.
From a "process" perspective, the Director will:
- Provide project management and hands-on execution support for the implementation of a leading practices in contractor management process, as envisioned by CNL;
- Lead or provide oversight to the development and performance of each work stream project;
- Provide content and guidance for updating and integrating relevant CNL procedures and developing new operating instructions and handbooks relevant to the program;
- Manage day to day responsibilities associated with developing and implementing change management plans for rolling out the Program.
From a "resource" perspective, the Director will:
- Work with established project teams from various CNL functions and stakeholders as appropriate for each of the key work streams under the program;
- Provide subject matter guidance and leadership;
- Help building a team drawing from relevant functions under a matrix management approach to ensure oversight, sustainability and continuous improvement of Contractor Management;
- Help develop and conduct related training and change management support.
From a "Technology enabling" perspective, the Director will:
- Assist CNL in defining and sourcing requirements for enabling tools and technology;
- Recommend and roll-out interim solutions to ensure business continuity;
- Direct and lead in developing templates and reports that leverage existing technology and reporting systems;
- Coordinate efforts with ISN to further refine existing tools, and or introduce new functionalities relevant to Contractor Management;
- Coordinate efforts with existing initiatives to leverage synergies;
- Coordinate efforts with IT resources to customize various aspects of Oracle, SEPS, impACT systems
Competencies required for the job:
- The ideal candidate will have a solid experience in the Management of Contracts, Supply Chain, and Health & Safety within a complex, multi-site, and industrial environment.
- A relevant University Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business Management, Commerce, Law and/or Occupational Health & Safety, 10+ years of experience in projects, contracting , Health and Safety , and supply chain management at a senior level, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a such capacity;
- Extensive experience in project contracting in a complex, technical and regulated environment;
- Must have significant demonstrable experience of delivering transformational change including robust process improvement practices and principles;
- Strong business sense and extensive knowledge and understanding of the Industry' risks and regulations;
- Ideally, experience in both private and public sectors and as both client and contractor ;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with critical thinking & decision-making, ability to express confidently to internal and external audiences with the proven ability to mediate and negotiate well.
- Excellent business judgement and savvy with a proven ability to make decisions under pressure that are of high consequence to risk, performance, and budget.
- Demonstrated management skills and experience including resource management, budgeting, planning and reporting, team building and relationship management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability. Strong business ethics and process orientation
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.