Director, Manufacturing and Materials Management, and P&L Lead
SNC-Lavalin Nuclear is one of Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering group. It has been providing a complete range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since 1967. Its expertise is applicable to both CANDU and Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) technology.
Our expertise include: Balance of Nuclear Steam Plant (BNSP), Balance of Plant (BOP), Heavy Water Plants (HWR), Plant Life Management and Extension, Steam Generator Replacement, Metrology and Spatial Analysis, Refurbishments and Retrofits, Environmental Qualification, Nuclear Plant decommissioning, Waste Management and associated audits, and Nuclear Research facilities.
SNC-Lavalin Nuclear, Inc. is also a leader in the Canadian Nuclear Association (CNA), the Organization of CANDU Industries (OCI). SNC-LAVALIN Nuclear is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin Inc.
Summary of Position
This leadership position within nuclear is responsible for the full profit and loss of the business segment, inclusive of sales acquisition and growth, strategy, project delivery, financial and commercial performance of the group, utilization of the physical facility, safe operation, and team performance. The facility at approximately 80,000 square feet includes machine shop operations, high bay assembly and test space, as well as a CNSC licensed space. The individual will work in collaboration with other Business Segments within the company as well as other functions within the organization. MMM includes 4 business segments: Major Manufacturing Projects, Plant Equipment, Manufacturing Services and Facilities Projects. The position reports to the Senior Vice President of Operations, based in Mississauga.
- Develop and manage a high performing project delivery team. Oversee and deliver projects within the MMM business. Implement project management practices within established SNC and industry best practices.
- Develop and manage a high performing functional organization comprised of leaders for each business segment within MMM
- Develop and manage client relationships (internal and external) and key partner relationships within the MMM market
- Support the Nuclear leadership team in the development of their opportunities in a collaborative manner, benefiting the company as a whole
- Support the implementation of project management processes within established SNC methodologies.
- Support team in client interface and in client relationship management.
- Monthly/Quality/Annual financial reporting to the broader organization.
- Commercial oversight of the MMM group, executing projects and acquiring new projects in line with the corporate commercial risk profile
- Developing and diversifying the business to support stable, sustainable long term growth
- Develop and implement an integrated multi-year business plan, which will be communicated, executed and updated on a routine basis; capturing effective profit and loss business management accountability, and growth strategy and plans.
- Monitor the quality and delivery of key performance indicators (KPI’s) relevant to the MMM project delivery team for analysis and reporting
- Responsible for the Operations of the facility, in additional to other facilities as the business requires
- Maintain customer metrics and constantly seek areas for improvement
- 10 years + experience in the business development, delivery and planning of manufacturing engineering, manufacturing and plant equipment projects.
- Proven leadership experience in management of large teams
- 10 years + experience in the Nuclear, manufacturing, complex tooling industries. With a diverse experience in execution models (reimbursable, target, fixed price)
- Commercial management experience
- Stakeholder management and customer relationship aptitudes
- Interface with senior levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate in simple messages
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong presentation skills
Travel / Mobility Requirements
- As required
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the on boarding process.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.