Director - Media Relations
Why join us?
Reporting to the Vice-President, Corporate Communications, the Director, Media Relations will play a key role in enhancing the public profile of SNC-Lavalin through proactive media strategies. Responsible for overseeing communications to the media, including preparing articles, press kits, press releases, and creative ideas for coverage, combined with extensive monitoring and reporting on articles of influence and coverage sentiment. Cultivates and manages SNC-Lavalin’s relationships with media.
As the Director of Media Relations for SNC-Lavalin, you will be part of the Corporate Communications Function, working directly with Executive leadership on media relations. You will oversee and collaborate with colleagues leading media relations in the company’s respective regions, and helping deliver on the wider global communications plan.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Ensure the company shares the wide array of work and contribution to the creation of major infrastructure, clean power, and other engineering projects that benefit peoples daily lives
- Work towards increasing the visibility of the company’s contributions in the public’s eye
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the media.
- Manage the flow of news about the organization to the media.
- Brief, prepare and conduct media interviews with C-suite and other leaders
- Develop and maintain good relationships with International, National, and relevant regional press contacts to rebuild reputation and to continue to openly address issues of the past
- Gather and disseminate timely information to press and staff.
- Prepare and issues press releases and/or articles in the form of emails, interviews and updating of websites to inform journalists about the company positioning
- Detect public relations issues as they emerge and address them proactively.
- Research and write briefing materials.
- Reporting the media coverage to the leadership team of the company with feedbacks
- Think of new and innovative ways of enhancing the image of the company
- Use the resources of the company in order to ensure that the correct information is made easily accessible to the press
What will you contribute?
- A bachelor’s degree in public relations or other related fields such as communications, journalism
- 5 years+ of experience in similar role, in a fast paced environment within a global company. With 7-10 10 years of media experience throughout career
- Exceptional communications skills and writing skills (English and French)
- Creativity in approach
- Proven ability for thinking quickly on their feet while fielding questions from the press
- High analytical thinking, logical mind, planning and resilience
- Ability to convince and bring a fair hearing of the company in times of crisis
- Good computer skills
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com