Director of Business Development & Strategy
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Director of Business Development & Strategy
- SNC-Lavalin’s Engineering, Design and Project Management team plans, designs and enables the delivery of complex projects across transportation, energy and infrastructure. Our deep technical expertise combined with broad multidisciplinary capability can be scaled from niche mandates to mega projects. Together we push boundaries and create value as trusted advisors to our clients and partners.
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Vancouver (but can be based at any of our locations across Western Canada) and reports to the Senior Vice President, Infrastructure Engineering for Western Canada. You will be an energetic and highly motivated self-starter who will be responsible to develop and implement business development and sales (BD&S) activities to maintain and expand the firm’s participation in opportunities across Canada’s transportation, energy and infrastructure sectors as well as creating business opportunities that ultimately result in meeting established sales targets.
How will you contribute to the team?
- May serve as a Client Account Manager for key clients. Responsible for working with other Client Account Manager to oversee development and implementation of Client Account Manager plans.
- Assists with the preparation, provides review and approval, and manages the budget for BD&S activities; develops annual projections of BD&S expenditures, and revenue based on opportunity pipeline
- Explores business opportunities with new clients and areas, working closely with the BU Team as well as Client Account Managers and other key SNC Lavalin staff; identifies new project prospects, screens project opportunities, and schedules contacts, visits, information gathering and follow-up.
- Coordinates and reviews all aspects of proposal development with the Pursuits Team, BU staff, and technical professional staff, and Marketing/Communication personnel, including proposal strategy, pursuit strategy and team composition.
- Develops and executes teaming agreements with strategic partners on behalf of the BU, working collaboratively with the EDPM BD&S Director.
- Responsible for Customer Satisfaction Surveys and Reporting for the BU.
- Foster client recognition through participation in awards competitions, in conferences and technical paper presentations with the client’s staff.
- Assists with opportunity presentation strategies, support materials and visuals; coordinates and critiques rehearsals and presentations.
- Actively engages members of the BU to stay abreast of key technical and business trends generated from ongoing client and project activities. Leverages information gathered to support development and evolution of sales and marketing strategies to advance marketing positioning.
- Participates in the development, planning and implementation of BU marketing and branding initiatives with the Marketing/Communications team; participates in selective industry associations and community/civic activities in a leadership role, and helps drive SNC Lavalin’s thought leadership efforts.
- Ensure that the companies Code of Ethics and Business Conduct is adhered to at the highest level at all times
- Highlight and take necessary action in the case of any potential conflicts of interest (COI); adhering to any and all project related COI disclosure requirements
- Actively support transition from project capture to project implementation
What will you contribute?
- Minimum 15 to 20 years of relevant industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering or related field
- Professional engineer designation is an asset
- Proven track record in identifying, pursing and winning major infrastructure engineering projects
- Commercially aware and conversant with all common contracting strategies; able to think logically and creatively when discussing and formulating proposal strategy
- Sound knowledge of risk management within an engineering consulting environment
- Ability to anticipate client and business challenges and recommend solutions to solve unique and highly complex problems
- Possess a fundamental desire to achieve results with a proven ability to work in a high profile, deadline driven, demanding work environment
- Proactive in following-up proposals and rigorous in organization of client responses
- Outgoing self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills, innate sales orientation, optimism and drive; plus, good organizational, written and oral communication skills.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com