Director of Business Development (Toronto / Calgary/ Montreal)
Director of Business Development (Toronto / Calgary/ Montreal)
Why join us?
This position is based can be based out of Toronto, Calgary or Montreal Office.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project Management Company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure.
From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in mining, nuclear power, infrastructure, and industrial services.
On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
SNC Lavalin generate approximately $8-10B annually is in more than 50 countries around the world and has 35,000 + employees.
How will you contribute to the team?
The position will report to the Vice President & General Manager of Infrastructure Services. The individual will work day to day with the Operations leadership team and Business Development Team. This role will be accountable for proposal coordination, proposal execution, development and driving new business opportunities in North America. The business is looking for someone who is focused on growing P3 style projects within Social Infrastructure and Industrial Infrastructure Projects.
- Lead the Commercial team through the business development process. The team supporting this role will be made up of technical and commercial resources across the organization.
- Proposal Preparation: lead and develop client proposals and presentations and present to prospect clients, partners or others. Manage the development of large or small proposals sourced through means other than self-identified.
- Solutions Creation: work with clients and internal teams in the development of client specific solutions and proposals. As appropriate, present business opportunities and business cases to the senior leadership team.
- Cross functional leadership: work with, influence, and rally other SNCL businesses to assist with business development and proposal execution.
- Growth Objectives: maintain accountability for agreed upon growth targets within specific sectors and markets. Understand market place and competitive drivers within target sectors.
- Reporting: utilizing internal reporting tools to track and report on the ongoing status of current opportunities and the sales pipeline.
- Work within the industry to identify, review and analyze innovative technologies and solutions which will add value and strength to our proposals (and current client base).
- Work closely with the operations team to properly transition successful proposals.
- Assist existing business with developing and producing proposals for additional services.
- Identify key clients and work with the Management team to develop Capture Plans to retain and obtain strategic business.
- Perform strategic reviews of available opportunities, conduct assessments to determine alignment with corporate strategy and provide recommendations to Senior Management whether to pursue opportunities further.
- Conduct lessons learned and action planning following each proposal completion and receipt of results.
- Identify client needs, develop win/win strategies to address needs and provide a compelling value proposition to prospective clients.
- Management of multiple competing priorities effectively.
- The ability to lead and develop a team.
- Identification of risk and reward trade-offs in business opportunities and reflect these in the solutions and business models developed for internal and external presentation.
- Manage to tight and in many cases inflexible deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically and globally considering industry, market, customer and other external business forces.
- Must have a passion for growth and the ability to drive the organization to a higher level “Corporate Entrepreneur”.
- Ability to lead without rank.
- Ability to present to an audience and interact with a wide variety of stakeholders
- The ability to develop a commercial process and create a quality pipeline with the help of the sales team.
- Capability to influence and communicate at an executive level.
- Demonstrates the experience of closing transactions.
- Leverages relationships and network to help grow the business.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, team building and influencing skills.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering
- Minimum 15 years Business Development or Commercial Operations experience
- Experience in DBFOM or P3 style projects is a must
- Demonstrates the ability to manage within a matrix organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading contract negotiations.
- Experience with building price models for P3 Infrastructure projects
- North America is our target market
- Travel up to 50% of the time
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs