Director of Finance
Director of Finance
Why join us?
Rideau Transit Group is a consortium of Canadian and international companies with a proven track record of delivering global transportation projects. RTG is a Public-Private General Partnership between ACS Infrastructure Canada, EllisDon, and SNC-Lavalin, working with the City of Ottawa for the design, construction, financing and maintenance of the Confederation Line for 30 years.
As part of the Ottawa based project, SNC-Lavalin is seeking a Director of Finance. Reporting indirectly to SNC-Lavalin's Vice-President Finance, Capital, the incumbent will be responsible to assist oversee all the financial activities as it relates to the project.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports;
- Ensure the accuracy of the financial results;
- Prepare the statutory financial statements and the audit file;
- Manage rigorously and efficiently the accounting cycles of accounts payable and disbursements, accounts receivable and collection; as well as the end-of-period process;
- Support CEO of RTG in all finance aspects, including dealings with the Lenders and with the City, through deep knowledge and understanding of all related contracts and agreements;
- Check and document internal controls, identify risks and opportunities, propose recommendations and ensure their implementation;
- Update Financial model
- Perform budget and forecast planning process and its monitoring, including gap analysis;
- Contribute to the review and preparation of accounting policies and positions on accounting transactions;
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review, as required, of efficient policies, procedures and business processes;
- Ensure full control over cash flow;
- Perform other related tasks.
What will you contribute?
- Professional designation of CPA (CPA-CA would be an asset);
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of relevant professional experience;
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS accounting standards;
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite software, as well as a financial information system (eg Accpac, Sage);
- Demonstrated rigor, commitment and interest in continuous improvement;
- Exhibit strong autonomy, as well as a good decision-making ability, while having a strong team spirit; and have the ability to build and maintain a harmonious relationship with peers, clients and partners;
- Strong analytical skills and are results-oriented;
- Demonstrated strong abilities to work with tight deadlines and under pressure.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You wish to leverage your experience and contribute to this position? Apply now!
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs