Director of Procurement
Candu Energy Inc. is a leading full-service nuclear technology company providing nuclear power reactors and nuclear products and services to customers worldwide. Our 1,400 highly skilled employees design and deliver state-of-the-art CANDU® reactors, carry out life extension projects, offer operations, maintenance and plant life management services for existing nuclear power stations.
- Lead and manage a team of procurement professionals consisting of five managers, including buyers, order administrators/expeditors, logistics and warehousing teams, and other procurement support staff.
- Lead strategic procurement of equipment, services and materials to ensure value, quality and on-time delivery.
- Provide technical expertise in the development of procurement strategy, tendering documents and all procurement functions such as preparation of recommendation to award, change order management and close out.
- Analyze company needs and apply industry best practices to provide efficient procurement services.
- Oversee management and implementation of the procurement process ensuring adherence to applicable laws, industry standards, ethical practice and company policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain relationships and open communication with all disciplines, clients and vendors.
- Collaborate with all disciplines providing guidance, support and assistance to meet all of Candu’s procurement needs.
- Provide guidance in development of contracts and participate in evaluation and vendor debriefs.
- Achieve productivity and other performance related goals for the team and all projects.
- Provide guidance and assistance to mitigate risks and ensure project delivery efficiency.
- Ensure the procurement mandate is executed within budgetary projections.
- An MBA and Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)designation or equivalent in a business-related discipline.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of procurement experience.
- Understanding of public and private procurement policies and procedures.
- Familiar with EPC/EPCM project lifecycle and engineered equipment manufacturing.
- Experience handling large and complex purchases and bid calls.
- Experience in strategic procurement planning and sourcing, vendor management and risk mitigation
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgement
- A team player and flexible self-starter
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain effective procurement control mechanisms
- Ability to establish policies and procedures and evaluate program effectiveness
- Ability to prepare, justify and administer a budget
- Ability to supervise, evaluate, coach/mentor and develop staff and others
Candu Energy offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in a fast-paced work environment. We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy a challenge and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.
We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the on boarding process.