Director, Systems and Integration
Director, Systems and Integration – Major Projects, Central Canada
Purpose of the Job
To develop, support and oversee the execution of the Systems and M&E Design, Engineering and Integration activities on major projects executed by EDPM in Canada with particular responsibility for those projects occurring in the Central Canada Region.
To develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential key service providers for System and M&E role fulfillment on major projects.
This role reports to the Vice-President, Systems and Integration within the Major Projects team.
- Lead the Systems and M&E elements of major project bids within the EDPM’s Central Canada region, including oversight of concept design and budget development.
- Select, develop and work with key delivery partners and service providers for major projects
- Provide oversight, support and guidance to Systems and M&E engineering project teams in developing and executing EDPM Canada’s major projects
- Drive the development, adoption and delivery of key Systems Engineering processes and practices within EDPM’s Central Canada major projects; to include System Engineering (SE), Systems Integration (SI), Requirements Management (RM), Configuration Management (CM) and Systems Assurance (SA).
- Undertake cost review and analysis of Systems and M&E engineering costs against delivery on each production major project. Where necessary, discuss and agree corrective actions with relevant team members.
- Provide direct Systems and M&E support and insight to each project’s management and to the Major Project team
- Engage with end client as and when necessary
- Deliver strategic direction for Systems Engineering and Integration processes and practices within EDPM Canada and US
- Assist in the development and on-going review of all System Engineering and Integration processes and practices used within EDPM Canada and US
- Provide strategic and tactical direction for all Systems Engineering and Integration activities for all EDPM major projects in Central Canada
- Provide strategic and tactical support for all Systems Engineering and Integration activities for EDPM major projects elsewhere in Canada and the US as needed
- Manage multiple stakeholders
- Represent EDPM to appropriate external parties as and when required.
- Attend meetings and make presentations at appropriate levels, up to and including, project and EDPM board meetings.
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
The post holder is responsible for:
- Providing advice and leadership within EDPM on Systems Engineering and Integration Management activities.
- Engaging EDPM engineering offices to ensure staff availability for upcoming major projects and resolution of staffing challenges within existing projects
- Escalation of Systems Engineering and Integration issues both within the Major Project team and Projects as appropriate
- Supporting the Project Design and Build delivery teams
- Inter-disciplinary and Inter-contract interfaces, including Partner management
- Key relationships for this role on each project are:
- EDPM Canada engineering leads and VPs for Systems and M&E
- Project Engineering Director(s)
- Project Technical Director (s)
- Project Construction Director (s)
- Engineering partner representatives
- Systems and M&E Engineering delivery teams
- Safety & Security Consultants
- Systems and M&E Construction teams
- Client and Client representatives
- Third Party Agencies
Personal Skills and Experience
- Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering/Science (preferably IT/ Systems Engineering / Railways).
- 15 to 20 years’ progressive experience in Systems Engineering with significant experience in Major Projects.
- Good communication skills and English fluency.
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi- disciplined team.
- Ability to interface with domain specialists, design managers and construction project managers, in a competent professional manner.
- Broad experience of the application of systems engineering to major infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering and Integration management as applied to major railway infrastructure projects / technology development and implementation projects.
- Knowledge of System Engineering Lifecycles - awareness of different lifecycles and experience of the implementation of lifecycle approaches to real projects
- Act as a role model for SNC-Lavalin’s vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with corporate related procedures; lead others by example.
- Ensure professional, courteous and cooperative relationship with team members and stakeholders; establish a work environment in which trust and respect is highly valued.
- Take responsibility of own and others' health and safety, and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to corporate and project Health and Safety rules, especially on construction sites
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behavior when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorized disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put SNC-Lavalin information or information systems at risk.
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's largest engineering and construction companies.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles