Discipline Engineer - Electrical
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Job Purpose & Scope:
- Providing support to the corporate Manager of Cost and Proposals group within the ProjectControls Department.
- Oversees the cost control system and procedures to track projectbudgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts for all projects
- Knowledge of project scheduling & planning software
- Perform and manage project activity scheduling
- Provide planning and cost controlling support for all projects, which includes variation reporting, monitoringof milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes, etc.
- Has experience in the building industry or similar industry and has project engineering experience on largebuilding/research and laboratory center.
- Coordinates with engineering discipline lead engineers and/or task force groups to ensure on-timecompletion of work activities and the implementation of project control procedures
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts)
- Interface with Managers, Team Leaders and Engineers in Company's Technical Departments, BusinessUnits, Operations Units, and Logistics Department.
- Interface regularly with Contractor’s engineering and Project Management Team and Team Leaders as and when required.
Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
- Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision
- Able to make decisions and solve problems related to a specific discipline/field.
- Establishes credibility with peers and supervisors and makes good use of their time
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice.
- Degree in Electrical engineering with specialization in Project Management or cost control
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the same field.
- Functional management, leadership and team building skills.
- Cultural awareness.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.