Dispute Consultant - Claims
Dispute Consultant - Claims
We are currently looking for a Dispute Consultant with a minimum of 15 to 25 years’ experience to work in Oman.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIE
The duties of the Dispute Consultant shall include, but are not limited to the responsibility for the following Deliverables;
- Review construction claims including but not limited to disputed Variations, Extension of Time Claims, Disruption Claims, Scope Gaps, and the like including performing analysis and gathering of evidence.
- Assistance with negotiation strategy and damages assessment, including identification of the best options for managing a dispute process with regard to factual findings
- Undertaking forensic reviews of records to prepare chronology of events.
- Provide insights & recommendations to improve Client’s position with respect to claims.
- Maintain a portfolio of Claims end to end.
- Contribute to contentious claim forums as needed.
- Provide ad-hoc advice & support to Client on Contractual/Legal Matters.
- Developing claims and dispute related strategies to meet Client’s objectives & to preserve client’s reputation.
- Drafting contractual correspondence & justifications related to dispute and claims.
- Recommending additional investigation steps during a claim/dispute process.
- Advise on legal risks and statutory compliances
- A registered arbitrator in Oman.
- FCIArb or similar memberships.
- Time Management Skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to self-direct and self-regulate
- Strong attention to detail.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE
- 15 to 25 years’ experience in handling claims/dispute.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include, Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs