Document Control Lead
Document Control Lead
If you are a good team worker and have experience working in Document Control across multiple projects in the nuclear industry?
Do you enjoy resolving emergent day to day challenges and thrive off supporting your team in delivery of varied document control projects? Do you like working with both internal and external customers and embrace opportunities for improvement?
Then we are looking for you!
Some of the position responsibilities are listed below (it's essential to have some of these and desirable to have all of them):
- Experience leading a team;
- Experience working across internal and external clients;
- Assisting in the set up of our new document management system (Projectwise);
- Being familiar with the nuclear document control processes;
- Ability to train new members of staff in Document Control;
- Improvement of working processes and procedures;
- Problem-Solving & Decision-Making
- Make decisions and recommendations within authorized limits. Exercise considerable judgment and initiative in interpreting policy in the planning and implementation of projects and/or work assignments.
- Receiving, tracking and monitoring drawings and documentation;
- Inputting of drawing information for reports and logging into database;
- Responding to internal and external drawing and documentation requests;
- Experience with Document Management process and procedures;
- Generating and issuing monthly progress status reports for both internal and external documentation;
- Checking the quality of drawings and documents to be catalogued;
- Expediting the review of internal and external documentation within engineering departments;
- Provide advice and guidance on the implementation of Client document control processes;
The Generic Accountabilities are:
- Committing to working safely and also responsibly in terms of the environment and our communities by integrating into every work practice an ownership of HSE responsibility for self and work colleagues.
- Being proactive in promoting and following the SNC-Lavalin values of the ‘We Care’ HSE systems along with the associated policies and procedures.
- Taking the initiative to implement continuous improvement wherever possible to enhance and promote the goals of the organisation.
- Being customer focused and ensuring that customer requirements and expectations are delivered on time and to a high standard
- Being community aware so as to ensure that SNC-Lavalin is valued in the community and by the client for ongoing sustainable relationships.
- Considerable years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge and experience in all areas of document/data management, including identification, creation, use, retrieval, access, retention, turnover, preferably in a nuclear environment;
- Proficient in use of electronic Document/Data Management Systems;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Detail oriented and skilled in setting priorities
- Ability to learn fast, maintain quality and efficiency, apply acquired knowledge and train others;
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually;
- Ability to help customers in a professional and concerned manner;
- Ability to set and achieve goals and work well under pressure;
- Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills; oral and written communication skills
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Atkins is looking to recruit a Junior Planner to support our collaborative project teams working across multiple frameworks including Nuclear sites and where specified directly within our client’s sup
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs