Document Control Manager
Document Control Manager
Our Long Beach Team is growing! If you want to be part of a successful global organization and have 5+ years of related experience with records management and/or construction records management., we want to talk with you! This position will oversee all activities involved in the Document Control Center and supervise the day to day Document Control Center operations. This person will align information priorities and projects start/closures with the Document Control Project Manager. This is an internal full-time position with Faithful+Gould that comes with robust benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive ExpertiseIt’s in our DNA.
• Supervise and coordinate daily work of the records staff, by planning, scheduling and assigning work tasks.
• Ensure work flows are accurately followed by the Document Control Reps to ensure compliance.
• Assists in orientation, training and cross-training of new record staff.
• Assists in documenting processes, if necessary.
• Files, audits, receives, distributes, tracks and maintains incoming and outgoing document tracking system of confidential and non-confidential construction documents according to established procedures and standards for security and document organization.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within document control or construction document control field.
• Coordinate activities in the information that is received, stored, and retrieved.
• Ensures security and preservation of records in construction information management center.
• Assists Project Team in requests for project information, active and historical.
• Ensures standardized functional systems (labeling, PFI, data entry, email notifications, customer responses, detailed filing) are used by records technicians and are effectively used.
• Follow the established controlled vocabulary file system coding within the Project File Index. Sorts, classifies, and code material for filing.
• Accurately log, date/time stamp all incoming and outgoing construction information into the construction information management database.
• Coordinates with the Document Control Reps to perform a project information self-assessment. Coordinates project start and closure with the Intel construction information management manager.
• Must be proactive and actively engaged in supervision of day to day activities.
• Performs a variety of tasks and strong multi-tasking skills.
• Requires a Bachelors Degree and at least 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Ability to identify, plan and organize work and adjust to on-going schedule changes.
• Knowledge of records management principles and procedures.
• Ability to supervise effectively and coordinate the resources available for an effective program.
• Thorough knowledge of records systems including classification, correspondence control and project file index (Taxonomy) and equipment usage.
• Ability to work under high pressure situations.
• MUST HAVE experience with Aconex software
• Strong data entry skills with an eye for details and accuracy. Proficient in MS Office applications; Outlook, Word, Excel and Access
• AutoCAD Batch Plotting and convert DWG to PDF, Adobe Professional convert word, excel to PDF
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time-off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view statement below
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles