Document Controller- Candu
Document Controller- Candu
SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world, and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure and in the provision of operations and maintenance services. SNC-Lavalin companies provide engineering, procurement, construction, project management and project financing services to a variety of industry sectors, including agrifood, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology, oil & gas, environment, heavy construction, mass transit, mining and metallurgy, power and water management.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin has been active internationally for 50 years, establishing a multicultural network that spans every continent. The SNC-Lavalin companies have offices across Canada and in over 35 other countries around the world and are currently working in some 100 countries.
- Administer and enforces all aspects of Document Control functions through established work processes and procedures for paper and electronic document management to meet all objectives
- Coordinates document management activities with internal departments and clients;
- Ensures quality of all drawings and documents prior to issue (Administrative check), as per established document control procedures;
- Maintains and enforces project procedures associated with relevant Document Control / Record Management processes
- Produce and maintain documentation; receive, process and control deliverable and non-deliverable documentation using Candu system (myTRAK):
- Process, print and distribute documentation received from Candu, client, site and suppliers
- Monitor and update document baseline
- Process and record requests for filing documentation received from Candu or third parties, includes all supporting information, administrative and technical records
- Interface with internal and external service providers (e.g., courier, IT) in order to meet project schedules
- Coordinate all aspects of formal documentation shipments to customers and suppliers, including tracing of shipments with SP Courier Services if required by contract
- Ensure the established documentation work processes are implemented, followed and maintained, including quality assurance checks to demonstrate conformance, thereby ensuring that accurate records are kept and maintained for proper audit trails
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing and recording of deliverables per project contractual obligations, in order to meet schedules and avoid monetary penalties/delayed placement of orders/inaccurate information
- Generate statistic and ad hoc reports; conduct system queries on the status of documents
- Assist Engineering and Project Control staff regarding documentation processes and queries
- Flexibility in work hours to accommodate 8am start time & 6pm finish time, work hours laid out by manager within a 7.5 work day.
- Overtime when applicable
- College graduate in Business Administration or a technical subject from a college of recognized standing or equivalent experience resulting in a sound knowledge of some business principles
- A minimum of 5 years experience in related field
- Knowledge and proficiency in the Document Management and Nuclear codes and standards like N286 specifically in the capture of documentation using enterprise management software
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Acrobat and File Transfer Protocol
- Knowledge of the Records Management System
- Proficient in using computerized Document Management applications / Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS);
- Good understanding of engineering and procurement documentation
- Good organizational skills with accurate attention to detail, with the ability to establish priorities and work under pressure to meet schedules
- Good understanding of company and project requirements, and able to offer practical suggestions for Document Control involvement
- Self-starter, requiring minimum guidance
- Uses initiative to identify, investigate and solve problems
- Good understanding of the document security requirements through the document processing stages including restrictions and export permits
- Demonstrated capability of working under tight timelines;
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire candidates with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs