The Document Controller will report directly to the Document Control Lead and will be responsible for setting up and maintaining project documentation within project filing requirements, including checking the quality of drawings and documents to be catalogued, receiving, tracking and monitoring drawings and documentation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setting up and maintaining project documentation within project filing requirements;
- Checking the quality of drawings and documents to be catalogued;
- Receiving, tracking and monitoring drawings and documentation;
- Interfacing with the project team to coordinate the control of documentation;
- Generating transmittals to send documentation to external parties through electronic or hard copy means;;
- Checking the accuracy of transmittals;
- Expediting the review of internal and external documentation within engineering departments
- Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Five years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience;
- Basic knowledge of engineering terminology;
- Considerable experience working with and understanding drawings and documentation;
- Proficient in using Electronic Document Management Systems.
- Fiscal responsibility as required by the Joint Venture agreement.
EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
- Customers, suppliers, JV Partners
- Project Managers, project personnel, estimating personnel
- Trades personnel, union business agents
- Various work locations in both field and office
- Travel as necessary
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.