Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
Committing to working safely and also responsibly in terms of the environment and our communities by integrating into every work practice an ownership of HSEC responsibility for self and work colleagues.
Being proactive in promoting and following the SNC-Lavalin values of Safety, Integrity, Collaboration and Innovation, along with the associated policies and procedures.
Taking the initiative to implement continuous improvement wherever possible to enhance and promote the goals of the organization.
Being customer focused and ensuring that customer requirements and expectations are delivered on time and to a high standard.
Being community aware as to ensure that SNC-Lavalin is valued in the community and by the client for ongoing sustainable relationships.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Receiving, tracking and monitoring drawings and documentation.
- Inputting of drawing information for reports and logging into database.
- Responding to internal and external drawing and documentation requests.
- Generating Document Control reports.
- Printing and photocopying as required.
- Maintaining and filing Documents electronically.
- Generating transmittals as required.
- Checking the accuracy of transmittals.
- Generating and issuing monthly progress status reports for both internal and external clients.
- Checking the quality of drawings and documents to be catalogued.
- Producing different listings.
- Assembling equipment data books.
- Transmitting material to client.
- Checking the accuracy of transmittals.
- Expediting the review of internal and external documentation within engineering departments.
- Monitoring all drawings and documents.
- Supporting the lead document controller towards a common goal.
- Problem-Solving & Decision-Making.
- Make decisions and recommendations within authorized limits. Exercise considerable judgment and initiative in interpreting policy in the planning and implementation of projects and/or work assignments.
What will you contribute?
- College graduate in business administration or technologies and at least 2 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- General understanding of engineering, procurement and construction activities with respect to document management and control would be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in all areas of document/data management, including identification, creation, use, retrieval, access, retention, turnover, preferably in an engineering/construction environment.
- Ability to work remotely and/or in office environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Proficient in use of electronic Document/Data Management Systems – Aconex experience would be an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Detail oriented and skilled in setting priorities.
- Ability to learn fast, maintain quality and efficiency, apply acquired knowledge and train others.
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually.
- Ability to help customers in a professional and concerned manner.
- Ability to set and achieve goals and work well under pressure.
- Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills; oral and written communication skills.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy good compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire candidates with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs