Drainage and Hydrology Engineer
At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.
Our Infrastructure Engineering Group in Toronto is looking for a Drainage and Hydrology Engineer to join our growing roads and highways team.
- Planning, design, analysis, regulatory approvals for the construction of drainage systems and storm water management within built environments, such as highways and arterial roadways
- Oversee junior staff and sub-consultants
- Assist in proposal preparation for such public-sector transportation engineering projects in the GTHA and elsewhere
- Degree in engineering with minimum 8 to 10 years of experience in drainage and hydrology engineering in Ontario, preferably for local clients such as the Ministry of Transportation and municipalities within the GTHA
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario
- Familiarity with relevant Ontario municipal and provincial standards
- Experienced in the hydrologic modelling, analysis and design for linear infrastructure such as roads and highways, and for large sites
- Experienced in the hydraulic modelling, analysis and design for bridges and culverts
- Experienced in the best practices and the state of the art for storm water management design and low impact design (LID), and demonstrated application of quality control, peak flow control, volume control and erosion control requirements in linear infrastructure projects
- Experienced in the design of channel restoration, new channel design, erosion protection and scour protection. Familiarity with fluvial geomorphology and sediment transport is an asset
- Familiar with the design of arterial roads, storm sewers, bridges, and other municipal infrastructure
- Proficient in the use of relevant computer applications, including HEC-RAS, FlowMaster, CulvertMaster, OTTHYMO (and other complex local hydrology models)
- Proficiency in the preparation of reports and use of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.)
- Proficiency with hydraulic modelling applications such as InfoWorks ICM, is a preferred skillset; familiarity with such models is also an asset
- Familiarity with civil engineering design tools such as AutoCad, Microstation, InRoads, Civil 3D, and BIM, is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to independently represent the design team to clients
- Familiar with regulatory approvals associated with infrastructure projects, including permitting with conservation authorities and Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks
- Demonstrated experience working on projects with municipalities in the GTHA, including direct interaction with public sector clients, conservation authorities, and other regulatory approving agencies
- Ability to seal and sign drainage, hydrology and storm water management reports, as a professional engineer in the province of Ontario
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.