Job Title: EC&I Engineer
Building and developing relationships is a key part of this role. You will be client focused and have excellent communication skills.
You will be working towards chartership, have a relevant engineering degree or extensive relevant experience, and be able to demonstrate sound technical EC&I knowledge and experience.
You will also be able to demonstrate experience in a number of the following areas:
- Assist in the production of Bid / Estimates
- Low Voltage Electrical Distribution Design
- Safety substantiation
- Safety Instrumented Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers
- Lightning protection
- Safety standards (IEC 61508, 61511, 61513), SIL categorisation & safety lifecycle
- Availability, Reliability and Maintainability
- Fault trees, FMEA, HAZOP knowledge
You may also be able to demonstrate the below desirable requirements:
- A working knowledge of BS7671
- Medium/High Voltage Electrical Distribution Design.
- Experience of COSER
- Experience of commissioning electrical and control systems
- Experience of maintaining electrical and control systems
- Security systems equipment
- Communications systems design (Ethernet and field bus communications)
- Knowledge of Software development for process control
- Nuclear industry experience is an advantage however, we are principally looking for first class EC&I Engineers who have the capacity to learn and develop their skills for the nuclear industry.
Additional Information and Benefits:
- Travel to other company sites may be necessary. You should be willing to work flexibly and occasionally out of hours to accommodate project & client requirements.
- This is an exciting time for Atkins, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our Energy sector in the UK. There will be opportunities for international travel and applicants with a desire for non-UK based assignments will be welcomed.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
- Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Reward & Benefits:
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.