Why join us?
We are hiring! Atkins is currently seeking a mid to senior level Ecologist to join our rapidly expanding Environmental Sciences group, in Atlanta, Georgia. This position would require the candidate to serve as an extension of staff to a major client. The selected candidate would be embedded at the client office in Midtown Atlanta. The ideal candidate for this position will apply their ecological and environmental knowledge toward the assessment of project sites, along with preparation and review of environmental documents and regulatory applications.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provide project task schedules for assigned projects which includes a list of all required ecology documentation and permits, prioritized by project baseline schedules;
- Provide project status updates at meetings and via tracking database;
- Evaluation of impacts from transportation projects on the natural environment;
- Coordinate with design professionals and overall project team for accurate depiction of natural resources on construction plans and to identify opportunities for avoiding and minimizing potential impacts;
- Perform field investigations of projects sites including wetland and stream delineations with functional assessments according to applicable methodologies
- Perform GPS field mapping, post processing, and distribution of GPS-mapped resources in multiple formats;
- Document, analyze, and interpret quantitative and qualitative data on projects of varying complexity and size within Georgia and the southeast;
- Evaluate, map, and describe on-site habitats while identifying those potentially suitable to support protected species;
- Prepare documentation and technical reports detailing the findings of ecological surveys and coordinate with state and federal agencies;
- Prepare special provisions and permit applications for various regulatory agencies, including the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) and Georgia Environmental Protection Division (EPD); Conduct site reviews with the USACE and/or Georgia EPD and participate in project meetings.
What will you contribute?
- B.A./B.S. or M.S. in a field of Science to commensurate with hiring discipline. This level may be achieved by Scientists with minimum three years' experience since Bachelor's degree or two years' experience with Master's degree; typical incumbent has five years' experience. Preference will be given to candidates with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Aptitude for maintaining a professional attitude and attention to detail while working alone and within a team environment;
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills with clients and colleagues;
- Strong organizational, task and time management, deductive reasoning, and analytical skills;
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite of software, ArcGIS, Trimble GPS, and Pathfinder Office;
- Preference will be given to candidates that have experience working with GDOT;
- Similar environmental consultation experience related to GDOT and/or other linear projects (including projects with federal funding) and regulatory consultation experience with USACE and/or Georgia EPD;
- Strong botanical identification skills within the southeast, specifically within the ecoregions comprising Georgia;
- Experience with review and interpretation of construction plans;
- Completion of training courses required for GDOT pre-qualification in the area of Ecology.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs