Ecologists- At all levels
Atkins won the CIEEM 2018 Large-Scale Consultancy of the Year Award and was Highly Commended for the same award in 2019, we really are a team of enthusiastic and technically excellent ecologists, and more importantly a friendly bunch working together as one National team. We work on challenging and exciting projects across a range of market sectors including transportation, cities, water, energy and defence.
To meet our growing project workload we are looking to expand on our already extensive and well established supply chain with consultants looking for flexible roles at any grade, any location. You will join our National team of over 90 ecologists but also have the flexibility to choose your working hours and location.
Please note this is a 0 hours contract role and not a permanent role.
What you will be doing
- Assisting and or leading on Extended Phase 1 habitat surveys and detailed protected species surveys;
- Undertaking office based tasks including desk studies and reporting; and
- Collaborating with our multi-disciplinary teams.
Ideally, you would have the following qualifications and/or attributes:
- A degree in ecology or closely related field;
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM);
- Good working knowledge of UK and EU Wildlife Legislation, planning policies, licensing requirements and best practice survey techniques;
- Be capable at undertaking a range of surveys and reporting for Preliminary Ecological Appraisal, Ecological Impact Assessment;
- Species survey licences would be beneficial;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- A full valid UK/EEC driving licence.
What we offer
As a flexible team member you will receive a competitive salary, a dedicated line manager, H&S training and PPE. You will also be entitled to claim annual leave.
Atkins is committed to developing the knowledge and skills of our ecologists. As well as providing a training budget, the candidates will benefit from tailored mentoring and support towards achieving their career goals, such as Chartership and beyond.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.