EHS Advisor - Shoreline
EHS Advisor - Shoreline
The Shoreline Power Group is a Joint Venture of Aecon, AECOM and SNC-Lavalin. Shoreline Power Group will be completing the Fuel Channel and Feeder Replacement (FCFR) project. The joint venture has been awarded a contract by Bruce Power to execute the Unit 6 FCFR at the Bruce Nuclear Generating Station in Kincardine, Ontario.
This project is part of Bruce Power’s Life Extension Program, which will allow Bruce Power’s CANDU units to continue to operate safely through to 2064, the project is the centerpiece of the Major Component Replacement (MCR) program to replace the main components of the reactor. Unit 6 is the first of six reactors being replaced by Bruce Power through the MCR program.
The scope of work includes the removal and replacement of calandria tubes, pressure tubes, and feeders for Unit 6, as well as construction management and trade labor. Work is scheduled to commence in June 2020, with expected completion in the third quarter of 2022.
II.PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Advisor reports to the Project Safety Manager, and is responsible to:
III.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support project specific conventional safety and environmental management plans and procedures including; inspections, audits, observation and coaching, Worker Trades Committee and JHSC
- Train project staff in the requirements of conventional safety procedures;
- Track and report safety-related statistics, manage Return to Work, Modified duties cases at the field level;
- Additional detailed requirements as outlined in the Project Specific EHS and related programs
- Support Human Performance program activities
- Assist in development of JSA, High Hazard, Critical Lifting and Handling forms and audit same in the field.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A designation such as CHSO or CRSP
- Minimum 5 years of senior experience in Health and Safety within the nuclear construction industry
- Relevant Post-Secondary education or equivalent experience in the Health and Safety field
- A Team Player that accepts and can manage change regularly
- Demonstrated Leadership abilities with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage sub-contractor’s safety performance
- Emergency Planning and Hot Work Procedures
- Working in a union environment
EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
- Customers, suppliers, JV Partners
- Project Managers, project personnel, estimating personnel
- Trades personnel, union business agents
- Various work locations in both field and office
- Travel as necessary
- Work in respirator and plastics
- Work at heights
- Due to the nature of work conducted by Aecon, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs