Electrical CADD Drafter
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Toronto and reports to the Senior Electrical Project Manager. It is responsible for both assisting and drafting engineers and designers with contract packages and electrical drawings, along with advising on drawings and specifications.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Assist engineers/designers with drafting and preparation of contract packages
- Draft and prepare electrical layout plans, schematics, and details working from sketches or notes
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data and provide technical support as required
- Communicate with external agencies (Ex, utilities)
- Produce drawings using Micro Station V8i and AutoCAD
- Advise SNC-Lavalin representatives and contractors on the interpretation of drawings and specifications and advise on additional details or clarifications required for project design
What will you contribute?
- Graduate of Electrical Engineering Technology program is preferred
- 3+ years of experience with drawings using Micro Station V8i AND AutoCAD is preferred
- Knowledge of lighting design software is an asset
- Transportation drafting experience is an asset
- Electrical design/drafting experience is preferred
- Some experience in traffic/lighting is an asset
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles