This vacancy has now expired... why not:
TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
We are looking for a qualified Electrical Coordinator to work as a part of the Trillium Project Systems team. Reporting to the Systems Electrical Intendant, the incumbent will plan, direct and coordinate on-site electrical activities to comply with specifications, requirements and codes
- Plan, direct and coordinate on-site electrical activities to comply with specifications, requirements and codes.
- Coordinate all relevant drawings and information to eliminate interference problems.
- Provide direction during functional performance testing of all electrical systems.
- Issue and Assist Project Managers and Superintendents in updating and achieving schedule requirements, electrical RFI’s and shop drawings and administrate electrical project completion requirements.
- Provide technical engineering information and interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications for contractors.
- Report accurate quantities for labor cost reports and accurately monitor material ledgers to ensure quantities in estimate are sufficient to complete the project.
- Find solutions to conflicts in structural, architectural, mechanical and electrical drawings and specifications and follow-up with consultants and sub-trades to completion.
- Ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instruction.
- You have an Electrical Engineering related degree with three 3 years’ minimum experience as a coordinator OR a minimum of seven (7) years of electrical construction experience. Note, candidates with backgrounds in Electrical Engineering or as an Electrician previously will be preferred for this role.
- Strong computer skills are a must. Someone familiar working with 3D models is an advantage.
- You have a working knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering systems, principles and practices.
- You have the ability to proactively identify and document any problems/conflicts and effectively manage and resolve them.
- You have high organizational and tracking skills.
- You have working knowledge of Electrical codes applied in Canada and in Ontario as well as the codes that apply to the transit industry.
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced project environment and can cope with schedule demands and work load.
- You are expected to work extended hours based on the work load requirements.
- You have the ability to interpret drawings and identify potential construction conflicts.
- You have a valid driving license.
We offer an opportunity to work on varied and interesting projects in Canada and around the world. Salary will be commensurate with your experience. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs