For over 25 years, SNC-Lavalin’s Sudbury office has been providing mechanical and electrical engineering services to the Northern Ontario community. We specialize in mechanical and electrical systems in commercial, institutional, residential, and light industrial buildings. Working with owners and architects we prepare drawings and specifications for a variety of projects. We believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering firm.
Our Sudbury office is presently growing and looking for you to join our Electrical team. We design the electrical systems in a variety of commercial buildings, educational facilities, healthcare, and office buildings. With such a wide variety and long history of local projects, there’s a good chance you’ve been in one of our buildings. We’re looking for an EIT, Technologist, or P.Eng.
- Meeting with owners/architects to outline the scope of building projects.
- Reviewing the status of existing buildings prior to project design, performing site take offs.
- Developing designs and technical specifications for systems such as lighting and controls, fire alarm and life safety, power distribution and emergency generation, voice and data, security and access, along with other related systems.
- Assisting others in the office with several projects – a knowledge sharing atmosphere.
- Preparing drawings and construction documents.
- Coordinating system requirements with the mechanical department, architects, relevant authorities.
- Conducting site visits and inspections to review progress of construction.
- Develop feasibility studies and technical reports.
- College diploma or University degree in Engineering.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in building electrical sector.
- Must have a solid understanding of building systems engineering, preferably for educational, health care, offices, municipal infrastructure, and commercial facilities.
- Project experience in the municipal and government sector (provincial and federal) would be an asset.
- Considerable knowledge of Consulting Engineering established guidelines, procedures, and practices.
- Excellent AUTOCAD design skill required. REVIT and MicroStation experience is an asset.
- Understanding of Ontario Building Code, Ontario Electrical Safety Code, and relevant CSA standards.
- Considerable knowledge of a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques.
- Proficient use of the English language (written and spoken) mandatory. French an asset.
Our Sudbury office provides an open work atmosphere which promotes the sharing of your ideas, approaches, and opinions. Your work hours are flexible, and our group is supportive and inclusive. Very competitive salaries permit us to retain a highly skilled team from which you will benefit through mutual learning and specialization.
Not sure what we do, or if you’d be well suited with us? Talk to us.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.