Working out of SNC-Lavalin's client office in Binghamton, NY you will be part of a team that works on designing, developing and delivering engineering including; system planning and studies, procurement and construction solutions for high voltage power transmission line and substation projects.
As an Electrical Engineer in SNC-Lavalin's Engineering Department and reporting to the Director of Engineering Services, you are responsible for various electrical engineering studies, design and engineering packages for high voltage substation projects..
What will be your contribution?
- Prepare or verify and approve engineering design for HV (115 kV and above) and/or MV electric power substations, for both green and brown field projects.
- Revise and approve engineering calculations and studies.
- Prepare design basis memorandum, engineering notes, project scope/requirements and specifications for procurement and installation for equipment and works.
- Verify and validate equipment selection, bill of material, project constructability, construction sequence and outage plan.
- Ensure conformity and completeness of electrical engineering packages to be issued for construction against project requirements and specifications.
- Provide engineering support during construction, respond to requests for information, solve site queries, and attend site meetings or inspections.
- Follow and comply with Quality Management System and standard operating procedures.
- Work autonomously without direct supervision, in a multi-disciplinary stakeholders’ environment.
What we are looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with proven track records in substation design, preferably for electric utilities.
- P.E. licensed (or eligible for registration) preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of North American standards and industry practices required.
- Experience with GIS design and electric utilities preferred.
- Use of ASPEN or good understanding of protection and control systems is an asset.
- Design of underground power cables is an asset.
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills required.