Working out of SNC-Lavalin's client office in Binghamton, NY you will be part of a team that works on designing, developing and delivering engineering including; system planning and studies, procurement and construction solutions for high voltage power transmission line and substation projects.
As an Electrical Engineer in SNC-Lavalin's Engineering Department and reporting to the Manager, Business Operations, you are responsible for various electrical engineering studies, design and engineering packages for high voltage substation projects.
What will be your contribution?
- Prepare or verify and approve engineering design for HV (115 kV and above) and/or MV electric power substations, for both green and brown field projects.
- Revise and approve engineering calculations and studies.
- Prepare design basis memorandum, engineering notes, project scope/requirements and specifications for procurement and installation for equipment and works.
- Verify and validate equipment selection, bill of material, project constructability, construction sequence and outage plan.
- Ensure conformity and completeness of electrical engineering packages to be issued for construction against project requirements and specifications.
- Provide engineering support during construction, respond to requests for information, solve site queries, and attend site meetings or inspections.
- Follow and comply with Quality Management System and standard operating procedures.
- Work autonomously without direct supervision, in a multi-disciplinary stakeholders’ environment.
What we are looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with proven track records in substation design, preferably for electric utilities.
- P.E. licensed (or eligible for registration) preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of North American standards and industry practices required.
- Experience with GIS design and electric utilities preferred.
- Use of ASPEN or good understanding of protection and control systems is an asset.
- Design of underground power cables is an asset.
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills required.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.). Or
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project Management Company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs